turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finishing up sbbow's call

Started by | Justin |, April 04, 2014, 09:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

| Justin |

I'm just about to glue the crystal into the call I made for sbbow and I couldn't resist taking a few pics to share.

The base is zebrawood/wenge/padauk and the top is segmented wenge/padauk separated by 1/8" padauk.

memert116

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

| Justin |

Thanks guys... Looking forward to heading how it sounds.

sbbow

That looks AWSOME. Liking forward to the call.  :drool:

Sully53

:icon_thumright:Sharp looking pot call, Nice work!!!!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

| Justin |

Thanks!  I'll be sure to get a sound file before I ship the call out to sbbow. 

Also, I know you didn't order a striker from me, but today when I was finishing up a couple for another customer, I somehow managed to sand off a small area of the burn line I put on his purpleheart/lacewood/padauk striker and didn't notice I had done so before I took it off the lathe.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm remaking his striker for him, and I'm going to send this one to you with your call.  It sounds great, and the mistake I made is pretty minor.  I think you'll like it.

(Striker on the right... you'll notice a black line that doesn't go all the way around like it should)

outdoors

WOW , LOOKS DANG GOOD TO ME ............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

sbbow

Justin thank you. You didn't have to do that thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreis3

very nice... i'm sure he'll like that one!
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

| Justin |

Here's the soundfile for this call.

Recording this was incredibly difficult... my kids really wanted to help, so there were several recording with kids doing kid like things in the background (chewing on apple slices, laughing, etc).  Had one really good recording until a motorcycle drove down the street at what must've been 75mph.

sbbow

shark