Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rem 870 20 g / Fed HW 7s / Sumtoy 562-5

Started by dogwood, April 03, 2014, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwood

Had a chance to shoot our Rem 870 21" youth today with a Sumtoy 562-5 topped with a FF3 using
Federal HW 7s.  Was about 50* with a variable breeze. After getting things dialed I backed to 40 yards and fired a few rounds. The circle is 8" and the pattern overall on the large paper was pretty even. I got an average of 80 in the 8" and cleaned with a bore snake between shots. I expected better or am I looking for too much?

dogwood

Rapscallion Vermilion

That would correspond to something like 120 in the 10" at 40 yards, assuming all your shots were well centered.   I wouldn't hesitate to use that up to 40 yards.

SumToy

It is funny thing with the Rem 21 inch guns this year.  They are shooting big numbers or they are low numbers.   Seen a few that we tried few chokes in along with other companies chokes they never did come around.  Now you may try a HV13 to see if numbers come up some.  I think the Fed HWT is a hot shell and that is why it is giving a fit in some of the pump guns. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA