OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight TK2000

Started by Assassin, March 15, 2011, 12:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassin

last year, i posted a thread about a Knight TK2000, one of the members here "i think from "Idaho" ,posted a deadly load for this gun, it worked and i killed a BIG Gobbler with it in Iowa :jackson:, i have some friends headed back this spring :fud:, and are using the Knight----i did not write down the load he suggested, and had it in a pm. he sent me also.....but since the old gobbler crash  :TrainWreck1:......i lost it??? Tying to figure out his "handle here on ole gobbler"..........thanks for the help :z-paddy-smiley113:---

Mag10

Assassin,  Is that the post you started about "Heading to Iowa , got my late season turkey tags........"  if so I printed the whole thing for the loads that were talked about.  I think the guys name is Larry Lombard (ljmelea) .
Let me know if this is what you are looking for.  Marty

PS.  I shortened my name on here to Mag10, it was mag10turkeyman

joey46

I have the Knight TK2000 on order.  I would appreciate this info also.  Either by PM or just post.  The new Knight company is selling this gun as a pre-order delivery in March.  I think I'll call them and see how it's coming.  I'll let everyone know their response.  Thanks. 

Assassin

Quote from: Mag10 on March 15, 2011, 12:56:33 PM
Assassin,  Is that the post you started about "Heading to Iowa , got my late season turkey tags........"  if so I printed the whole thing for the loads that were talked about.  I think the guys name is Larry Lombard (ljmelea) .
Let me know if this is what you are looking for.  Marty

PS.  I shortened my name on here to Mag10, it was mag10turkeyman

that's it :fud:.................post the info please or send it to me in a PM..........wish i would have printed it as well...........or can you email it to me???

WaddleWhacker

i have a nwtf tk2000 that i have never shot...been trying to sell it but maybe i need to shoot it and see how it shoots.....where is the best place to buy the wad and shoot

Turkeyfan

Yes, please post the info. I too have just got a TK2000 and would love to hunt with it this year.

dpittman

I talked to Larry this week about the TK2000. He has shot that gun a lot but now shoots a Traditions. I was talking to him tyo get some help for my TK. basically the load that seems to work for me the best and others is TPS wad and HeviShot.  I was shooting 80-90 grains of T7 but now I am going to shoot 100gr GOEX FFg. I am working on a different choke for it and I will let you know how it does. Some guys had real good luck with their TK's with lead but I did not so that is why I shoot HS. I think some of the claims about this gun are BS but if you work with it enough you will come across something that shoots well.

Mag10

These are some of the loads that were on the old post before we lost the old stuff,  I printed the post so I had the loads.

turkeyhunter91 :  I shoot 110grains of powder and 2.5 ozs of #6's It shoots really good out of my gun.

ljmelea:  try 100 grns goexx ffg black powder,wad should work fine(Knight 3.5" wad) fill wad with 6's either hevi shot or copper coated 6's.  cover wad, I use cardboard from bps. the important part is to give your wad 3 good raps with your seating ram rod and the same for your cover wad. I'm sure the wads that came with your knight
(black foam)will also work. I personally use bps turkey ranger 3" wads and 2 oz hevi-13,card board cover wad bps, winchester 209 primer.  deep clean your barrel and mess around with the charge,  it should give you great results.  I have also used american pioneer powder ffg with good results. hope this helps. just shot a nice Idaho gobbler with my muzzeloader yesterday. Larry

This load was sent to me(marty) by Larry:  My best loads have been with 100 grns goex ffg black powder, bps turkey ranger wad filled full of hevi-13 with sperical buffer (bps) 3/4 scoop, card board cover wad.  Make sure you give the powder/wad 3 good taps, same with cover wad.  I have also had good results with the bps 3.5"wad filled full, bps sperical buffer one scoop, 100 grns goex ffg, card board cover wad ,Larry

I hope this is what you need, Marty

pabirdsmasher

I to use a TK2000...have shot 6 Pa. long beards with it.The load i use is 102 grains of 777 and 2.5 ounce of no.5 magnum lead shot in a 3.5 in. shot wad.Bought a butler creek slip over recoil pad to ease the hammer these guns can give you.Works great for 10 dollars.
Knight told me to get maxium proformance out of this gun to use max. powder load.
102 grains of 777 is eqaul to 120 grains of blackpowder.

Scott

dpittman

If you take the jug off that gun and look how big that bore is from just in front of the sight to the choke this will make sense. Take the pink Knight wad and try to flare the gas seal. I could hardly get it to expand. If you try the same with a TPS that gas seal expands very easily. I do not think the Knight(BPI MM1235) wads gas seal fills that bore like the softer TPS(BPI TPS1230) wad does. The same applies to the 835/935 bores shooting stiff wads. I think poor gas seals leads to lower velocity and somewhat disrupted patterns. On the TK the bore is probably somewhere around .740 and the large portion of the jug .800-.850  so the gas seal really has to expand to fill that. In other words the jug portion (at least on my gun) is quite a bit larger than 10 GA dimensions and were trying to shoot 12 GA wads thru it.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Assassin

thanks for the info--i appreciate it :groupwave:

joey46

My Tk2000 arrived today.  32 days from pre order to delivery.  Looks good.  Will shoot it next week and post a few comments on this thread.

njdevilsb

Interested in seeing some results.  I just got an Optima Pro ML shotgun last year, but nothing says I can't have 2 smoke poles for turkey.   ;D

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think killing one with a smokepole would be awesome.  You shoot only to see a cloud of smoke, and when the smoke clears you see your gobbler laying there.  Now that would be pretty cool!   :you_rock: