turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossburg 500-IC 555-Winchester

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, March 31, 2014, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Just thought I would throw this up here for anyone looking for a certain combo.

This is pictures from my Mossburg 20 gauge 500C with a Indian Creek 555 choke and Winchester Double X 5s

I was a little surprised my self..I did shoot it at 40 yards and it really opened up at that point.My count at 40 yards 98.

Of course in the picture you can see that was a 35 yard shot,measured with my ranger finder...Temp was 65 degrees with a slight wind.

The was my only brand of shell shot,I was assured it would do what I needed from my Indian creek and my buddy who shoots these shells...I do want to polish the barrel and see if it gets any better.

COssman14

That's a dead turkey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

BigStrutter

Nothing wrong with that.  :icon_thumright: Polishing the barrel will help some. I believe someone stated on another thread an increase of 10%. Every little bit helps.
Good Luck!
"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks!!! It might not be as impressive as some but it will do the job.

BigStrutter

Absolutely....some people are concerned with super high numbers but good pattern density, proper shot placement, and distance are key. Remember, it only takes one pellet. 
"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

surehuntsalot

98 at 40yds is a good hunting pattern if there are no big holes in the pattern
I get 95-100 with some of my #5 patterns,they take birds all day long if I do my part
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BandedSpur

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 01, 2014, 11:05:52 PM
98 at 40yds is a good hunting pattern if there are no big holes in the pattern
I get 95-100 with some of my #5 patterns,they take birds all day long if I do my part

Agreed, 98/10 with a 20 ga and 5s is strong. Some guys struggle to get over 100/10 with lead 5s with a 12 ga (at least they did before the LBs came out)

cluck

It looks like you might have got more if you had dropped your ten inch circle down maybe a half an inch. You got me to thinking about that indian creek choke. That is a great pattern.    cluck :OGani:

WV Ridge Reaper

Well I threw a new sight on and only had one box of shells to play with..I would like to try Hevi 13 6s,overall tho I think it's a pretty good pattern for number 5s.