turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged out in Louisiana

Started by turkey buster, March 30, 2014, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Here in the great state of Louisiana we only get 2 tags for our 1 month season, and like most years I'm through with plenty of time to spare. Guess I'll work on my calling and take a few kids, family, and friends hunting. Here is the pic of my 2nd bird this season.  He was 20.2lbs, had a 11.5in beard, and 3/4in spurs. I shot him at 8 steps in full strut right after gobbling his last gobble. I only had until 8am to hunt today before needing to go home and get ready for church and the good lord blessed me with him at 7:35

alloutdoors

JVA54

slamman

congrats.  it's always fun to mentor a couple of youths.

turkey buster

Quote from: slamman on March 30, 2014, 04:39:08 PM
congrats.  it's always fun to mentor a couple of youths.

Yea I've been taking my son some since last year, he's 5 now. I've taken a 13 year old cousin some, and my 75 year old pawpaw a lot. Me and him have good times

hotrod3h

Congrats. You don't hear much about Louisiana but you seem to have figured it out. Going to have to go there one day. On my list of states needed for US slam.

turkey buster

Hit me up if you do. Of all the turkeys killed state wide 50+% comes from the parish (county) I live in. We have 4 big public grounds is the reason why and there is no shortage of turkey on them. Just hope you can handle thick woods

DirtNap647

BigStrutter

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

El Pavo Grande

Congrats on a great turkey and season!!!

tomstopper

kansas hooks

Congrats on a successful season

turkey buster

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions