turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling hen

Started by Struttin Spurs, March 29, 2014, 09:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Struttin Spurs

Most people don't believe me when I tell the story, but about 5 years ago I saw a lone hen gobble a couple times. It sounded like crap, but she was definitely trying to gobble. Anyone else ever seen or heard one do it before? It was really strange.

Devastator

Ive heard 2 different hens try to gobble and your right they don't sound very good.

JALA Strut

Never saw that happen but would be pretty cool to see!

DirtNap647

MouthCaller

I had one come in at full strut last year they do some strange things sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Fullfan

No doubt, I have seen it and also seen them try to strut.
Don't gobble at me...

Bigspurs68

I have seen them strut and gobble. Had a hen gobble for 45 minutes at me in W.V. a few years ago. A bobcat finally ruined the fun that day. Granted, none of the gobbling hens I have heard sounded good but it was neat. Maybe just a coincidence but they have all been in late season.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Gobble!

I have seen them strut but never gobble. There are videos on YouTube of them gobbling.

memert116

Quote from: Gobble! on March 29, 2014, 10:14:59 PM
I have seen them strut but never gobble. There are videos on YouTube of them gobbling.

I gotta go watch those....:)

TRKYHTR

yep both strut and gobble.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

TauntoHawk

Gobble and strut... She was a seriously nasty hen

Saved her boyfriend the trouble and put him down
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

turkey_slayer

Yep. They have a weird gobble and not near the volume

hookedspur

Yes sir Strutting and Gobbling ..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tommythreetoes

I shot a bearded hen once.  I was really young and hadn't hunted turkeys more than a couple years.  I saw a turkey coming to us, and it fanned out in about half- 3/4 strut.  As it got closer, I could see the beard (8 inches).  I shot and killed it at 35 yards.  I had no idea I had killed a hen until we walked over to her.  I was just sure that i had shot a mature tom.  After all, i saw it half strut, and it had a decent beard.  Weird.

mossybird

Saw a strutting hen on the trail camera last year. Weird

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2