turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

federal hvy #7 numbers at 25 ?s update 4/2/2014

Started by presdme, March 29, 2014, 02:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

presdme

Hey all got out today for a measured 40 yard shot. 116 in the 10 inch circle. I still have some time before opening day so I might polish the barrel  and see if I can get a few more at 40. So do you think 116 federal #7 heavy will do the trick at 40? The pattern was pretty evenly spread in the 10. Let me know and THANKS!!

Tom Foolery

CntrlPA

You're over the gold standard which is 100 in a 10" circle. You might be able to tweak it to get some more but I wouldn't be afraid to take that gun in the woods.

albrubacker

Sounds like a great shooting rig! Good luck!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

gophert

I would stop shooting and go hunting.  I can count on 1 hand how many shots I've had to take over 40 yards.  At least now you know that you have a killer rig inside 40. 

BowBendr

If it was a good even pattern I would hunt with it.

WyoHunter

I think you'll find that your pattern will be sufficient at 40 yards.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase