Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who here likes Blugrass, or Newgrass music????

Started by yukonhunter, February 08, 2011, 04:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukonhunter

Bands like cadillac sky,cherryholmes infamous stringdusters, and bluehighway.   Awesome music   Try youtubing some,  you might get hooked.
www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

swamp_bird89

Love me some bluegrass......I listen to a little bit more alternative grass......Trampled by turtles, Yonder Mountain String Band, Old crow medicine show..... :you_rock:

yukonhunter

codeine by tbt is good also ocms    good stuff
www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

runngun

Osburne brothers,Allison Krauss, Dailey and Vincient, Bill Monroe. I love bluegrass.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

pullit

Quote from: yukonhunter on February 08, 2011, 04:56:58 PM
Bands like cadillac sky,cherryholmes infamous stringdusters, and bluehighway.   Awesome music   Try youtubing some,  you might get hooked.

that would be me. I like the older stuff too... :cowboy:

Dixie Whistler

Check out the Steeldrivers, theyre my current favorite.  Also, Crooked Still is pretty good.

Fox Fire

Love me some blue grass no matter how ya fix it, also have a hang up for rock a billy, hill billy punk kinda stuff :z-guntootsmiley:, americana is always good to.

BOFF

Already hooked on it.

But it drives my wife crazy!!!   :TooFunny:

God Bless,
David B.

paboxcall

Love it.  When we have the XM radio at camp, its on all day long.

:z-winnersmiley:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

pullit

Quote from: runngun on February 08, 2011, 05:37:51 PM
Osburne brothers,Allison Krauss, Dailey and Vincient, Bill Monroe. I love bluegrass.

Wife and I saw Dailey and Vincient when we went to the Grand Ol Opry a few weeks back. My wife likes some bluegrass but is not as big of a fan of it as I am.
She said she could have listen to them all night.

lightsoutcalls

I'm pretty picky about the bluegrass/newgrass I like.  I like the latest Infamous Stringdusters CD, but didn't care for some of the stuff on the previous CDs.  Anyone hear of The Greencards?  How about the Swedish bluegrass band G2?  Sierr@  Hull?  She is like 16 years old I think. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Jayhawkeye

checkout Mountain Sprout or Split Lip Rayfield!!! 
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

RutnNStrutn

Chester

I listen to it some but not all the time, have to be in the mood for it.

unclerick

I'm not a biig fan of some of the new bluegrass out there, I tend more to the older more folk style of bluegrass, and I really love the gospel grass, I think God even likes to hear an old fiddle and banjo tune with some flat top guitar and mandolin put in the back ground.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus