OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

moss 835, kicks choke and longbeards

Started by snapper1982, March 26, 2014, 10:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

my buddy went to pattern some longbeards yesterday. his rangefinder battery was dead so he paced it off. this was shot at 10 paces past what is allowed here. outside edge of the green is 10 inch circle

Mossberg 835 with 20 inch barrel
kicks choke(670 I think)
3.5 inch win longbeards 6s

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

tomstopper

Looks like it will get the job done....

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

d.winsor

Too long for 6's, put a 1/4 inch 36 x 36" piece of cardboard up at that range, you will probably see #6 shot stuck in the cardboard.  Just my opinion, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings

meat grinder

I think you put a turkey up at that range and watch him flop on the ground.. People always seem to think lead #6 just won't get it done.. Been they're done that and rode that horse.. Dead turkey all day.  :gobble:

beagler

Never Misses

snapper1982

Quote from: d.winsor on March 27, 2014, 04:14:46 PM
Too long for 6's, put a 1/4 inch 36 x 36" piece of cardboard up at that range, you will probably see #6 shot stuck in the cardboard.  Just my opinion, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings

he does not shoot that far at birds. it was a test to see what his pattern is like. he is old school and wants them at the end of his gun barrel. with that said I have on accident (grossly misjudged) killed 2 birds past what this target was with 6 shot. was it luck? yes it was but did the pellets retain enough to take the bird yes they did.

when I get out to shoot my gun I will do the cardboard test and post it here. and no you did not hurt my feelings. we are turkey hunters and everyone of use has a different opinion.