Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rain for opening weekend forecasted

Started by Hayudog, March 26, 2014, 10:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

Well, it seems to not rain or storm out here for an entire duck season. Opening weekend for turkey season and get out the rain gear!  RutnStrut coming out here to see some of our liquid sunshine.

RutnNStrutn

Oh great!! That black cloud that follows me around!! ::) Just my luck! :lol: Oh well, ya can't kill 'em from the couch!
:fud: :OGani:

Twowithone

Good attitude Jim. Got my gobbler last year in the rain. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

WildSpur

Good luck.  I would love to hunt in the rain right now but have to wait until 4/17!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

RutnNStrutn

Yep, I can't complain. :lol: I'll be hunting while others cannot. I'll save my complaining for when my season is done and you guys are hunting while I'm not!! ;D

memert116

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 26, 2014, 02:30:05 PM
Oh great!! That black cloud that follows me around!! ::) Just my luck! :lol: Oh well, ya can't kill 'em from the couch!
:fud: :OGani:

You got that right.... :icon_thumright:

TURKEYWHACKER

RutnNStrutn

4th day in Cali. So far it has rained 3 of 4 days. Taking a break from hunting today & visiting good people, & doing a little sight seeing. 50 degrees & pouring rain anyway. More rain forecasted for tomorrow. Where am I at? London?  :lol:

RutnNStrutn

Rain, rain, more rain and now SNOW!!!! Mother Nature, can you make it harder to kill a turkey??

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

TURKEYWHACKER

Dang Jim, Cali is throwing everything at ya except the kitchen sink. My birds have gone tight lipped and I've been lucky to even hear a single gobble from the roost. On the upside, my 9 year old granddaughter is having the time of her life. She gets up at 3:00am no problem, dons her head to toe camo and rubber boots and is raring to go.

RutnNStrutn

Glad to hear that Mike!! That's awesome!! :icon_thumright:
I'm done hunting in California. This was heavily pressured public land, and terrible weather to boot. I feel very fortunate to have gotten a gobbler. I'll be home soon. Good luck brother!!