turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Indiana Gobbling

Started by ridgerunner, March 23, 2014, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

I went out scouting yesterday am. nothing gobbling for me yesterday.

Splatterhead

I have been seeing a group of turkey(20) with a Tom puffed up several times the past week or so.Also heard some gobbling in a spot I hunt for the 1st time this season.The flocks are beginning to bust up and the hens are heading toward the nesting sites.Think the brooding season is starting in my area.

ridgerunner

My Brother texted me yesterday and said the birds were hammering first thing yesterday am. It was cold, but sunny birds were feeling it.

Splatterhead

Too say that it has been slow in my area for the last week would be an under statement.I had not heard or seen a bird since opening morning.........until today.I finally heard a gobble on the property across the creek from me.Lots of tree gobbling from a single Tom which I eventually coached to about 75 yards from me before he refused to cross the creek.Also saw a couple hens on my way out.I plan on being back there again in the morning.

ridgerunner

I finally tagged my Indiana bird yesterday. Been a tough season in Indiana this yr. Things are getting better, hens are starting to sit and gobbler will be looking mid morning. I called two birds in yesterday at 1pm. they were gobbling their heads off, came to me from a long ways off, ended up shooting a good bird. Next week should be the best week of the season.

Dtrkyman

Hunted 4 days, good roost gobbling and decent on the ground for an hour and then quiet! Hunted all day each day and finally heard a bird gobble in the afternoon a ways off.

Killed a silent bird heading back to roost where I heard several a couple mornings before!