OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indiana Gobbling

Started by ridgerunner, March 23, 2014, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

Nothing here yet. Did see six gobblers strutting for a group of 15 hens last week when it was nice out. Anyone else hearing any birds?

devin4484

yea buddy said one was hammering hard by his house wednesday morning he resides in brown county

ridgerunner

Got reports from three different people that birds are gobbling this am.

bigbird

8 birds hammering away on our farm Saturday the 15th... Seen several today strutting in the snow!  They  been gobbling good down here for 3 weeks now

ridgerunner

Where you located bigbird? What county?

sadkins

Heard some Saturday (Clark county Indiana)

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

Crappiepro

Not hearing anything in Vigo or Parke counties, they're strutting and grouped up though.
This next week should be the starter I hope!

bigbird

Checked 2 other farms this morning and one public area....holy crap this season should be awesome! Hearing and seeing birds everywhere we go, seen over a dozen jakes this morning! Hurry up April 19th!

Splatterhead

Theres not much going on in my area of west central Indiana.I have heard some reports of gobbling in some areas around me but most are saying its still pretty slow.Hopefully the warmer temperatures next week will give it a jump start.

76chevy

heard a couple last week in west central Indiana.  Need some nice warm sunny weather to get them really going

Splatterhead

I heard two Toms gobble on the tree about 20 times this A.M..They were quiet after the fly down.Also saw 5 hens on the ground without a Tom.Its starting in my area.

bigbird

Watched a group of birds Monday that had 40+ birds in it last week, now only had a dozen or in it. They split up some and watched one of the gobblers breed a hen. Things appear to be moving along as usual, maybe a little late but we won't know til we try!

ridgerunner

Saw two gobblers strutting w/ a hen out in field the past two mornings...appears the winter flocks have broken up and things are starting to happen in West Central Indiana.

Crappiepro

Been seein a ton of birds, not talking yet or aleast not while I was watching. I moved out easy so as not to spook them on acouple other places. Saw the same 5 birds for the last 2 weeks in a field on property I can hunt on the way home from work. I hope they stay til season. Ole tom was blowed up with the hens.

buck_hunter21

Gobbling some in my area, but nothing hard. Listened to two this AM.
Spill Blood