Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Benelli Cordoba - 20 gauge - trulock federal hw7 choke....opinions

Started by mac43rn, March 23, 2014, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac43rn

1.  This is not the idea turkey gun.  That being said it put down a monster last season. 

2.  I absolutely love the gun for dove and pheasant hunting, but I am not sure it is going to be my dream turkey gun. 

3.  Before we headed out for our family vacation, I decided to try and pattern the gun. 
Temps were in the low 60's , light wind.  Shot federal hw7 off a caldwell tripod field shot.

4.  All three shots were taken at 40 yards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

mac43rn

I hope these are at a better orientation. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

hookedspur

It might help you to tape your target to a 3ft by 3ft piece of paper  and shoot
it again to make sure you have the densest part of your pattern on your target .
It looks pretty thin on these .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

R AJ

Using at least one fully opened newspaper or two as a backdrop, place a spot near the center and shoot at 30 ( THIRTY ) yards to see where the major pattern is hitting. It looks like you are low and left.
Then using this information you have to adjust POA and POI for 40 yards.

20 gauges are finicky and the Federal HW may shoot higher than another brand or field load of any kind.
You may have to go with another sighting system or use a taller front bead and look down the right side of your vent rib to line up with the bead if you want to move the pattern up and to the right.

joeculb

Pure Gold Tempest worked best in the wife's Benelli M2 with the WH#7. It does better than my 12. Might use hers this year.