OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longbeard vs federal heavyweight flight control

Started by Walkerz07, March 18, 2014, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeterbait

The Heavyweight WOULD be the better shell IF you can find a choke they will pattern well out of.  Things are very peculiar in 12 gauge.  The 20 gauge guys seem to have less trouble getting good patterns but 12 gauge... a few get good patterns and most get miserable patterns.

The Longbeards seem to be the most choke tolerant shell ever designed.  They are giving good patterns out of just about any turkey choke and any gun you try and unheard of patterns for lead out of some chokes. 

Walkerz07

Found some # 6 long beards today so I now have #5 and #6 long beards. Now if we could just have some normal spring weather that is decent enough to pattern in I can see what the ol 870 likes to eat. I forgot to add that I do have a polished barrel and I really think it does give an upper edge on throwing good patterns, I did it myself and was pretty simple to so with the help of old gobbler and youtube

BINK McCARTY

look to gobbler guns (rob roberts) for a final strut non ported tube . he works exclusively with fed and the HW loads not to mention he does all benellis custom shotguns