turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet Recommendation

Started by Wallaceb, March 17, 2014, 11:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallaceb

My son has been turkey hunting since he was eight years old and will be turning eighteen soon. He has used his voice almost exclusively to call with, however I would like to get him a trumpet call for his birthday and am looking for recommendations. I would like to find a great sounding one that he could cherish and always carry in his vest.

nitro

How much lead time??

Billy Buice has inventory ready to ship ..

Interchangeable mouthpieces. Been building calls since 1968. There are plenty of Trumpet makers out there. Billy builds great calls.

(770)735-2654
Royal Slam 2008

Wallaceb

A couple months, however would be willing to wait longer.

nitro

That narrows the list down considerably..

I still stand by my original recommendation.

Quote from: Wallaceb on March 17, 2014, 12:19:56 PM
A couple months, however would be willing to wait longer.
Royal Slam 2008

Wallaceb

How much lead time do I need to plan on for more options?

callmakerman

Frank Cox if you can wait at least a year. Great call and well worth the wait. Billy Buice builds one of the best and yes he has some on hand. Again a great call with a lot of options as far as sound with the different mouth pieces. Ralph Permar is another great choice and he may be able to get one built for you in time for the Bday. His model 1917,1920 or any of  his 45's will get it done.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

nx95240

there a few of us on here that make trumpets  but I will say LUMMA  is freaking sweet.

Wallaceb

goblr77

I would call Billy Buice and be done with it. No need to wait.

USMC0331

Wallaceb

Is Frank Fox's wait time really a year, I think my son would really like one of his calls.

rem 300

If you want one now call Billy Buice and if you don't mind to wait a year or so call Frank Cox.

nitro

Send Frank a PM. He is a member here.

He can let you know exactly how long the wait list is ..

Quote from: Wallaceb on March 17, 2014, 07:13:38 PM
Is Frank Fox's wait time really a year, I think my son would really like one of his calls.
Royal Slam 2008

Jobugg12

Franks calls are worth the wait.