OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth Calls

Started by mwr, March 17, 2014, 01:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

In the south here the market isnt $5.00 the stores wont allow it.. I think its regional on pricing myself had a few call makers up north say they couldn't sell a call in the area for more than $6 .. Just about every part supplier in the industry has told me they wouldn't be in buisness if it wasn't for the southern turkey call companies. Meaning a stronger market yielding a top dollar here.. But on the other hand I sell a pile of calls to my northern customers and am more than thankful for there buisness!

Gooserbat

The problem is wholesale vs retail.  If a call maker doesn't try to wholesale his product then the retail markup can and will be less.  I pay for liability insurance, and the cost of reping my calls out to over 40 stores, (gas ain't cheap) and it all adds up.  For me to be able to sell a call wholesale to a store and keep any kind of profit that store can't sell them for $5 and make any money.  My msrp is $7.99 and I sell them online for $8.99 as a favor to my dealers, but that said most stores sell my calls for the $6.99 range. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

csgrizz

Quote from: hunter22 on March 17, 2014, 09:42:20 PM
Joe Slaton's X-Terminator is an excellent mouth call at a very reasonable price.

Just ordered today...can't wait to try it out.

later,

CS

VanHelden Game Calls

Supply and demand

IMO    I think as makers we need to really think about retail pricing, think of yourself as 2 businesses- 1 manufacturer and 2 retailer, there should be no freebies between the 2. 

westerfeld custom calls

Id rather spend 12 on a good custom call and have contact with the maker than buy the mass produced ones at walmart that they askin 12 for now

DirtNap647

Quote from: westerfeld custom calls on March 18, 2014, 10:50:11 PM
Id rather spend 12 on a good custom call and have contact with the maker than buy the mass produced ones at walmart that they askin 12 for now
x2 not into the pretty boxes