turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth Calls

Started by mwr, March 17, 2014, 01:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwr

Is it just me or do you guys think these diaphragm mouth calls are getting entirely out of hand on their prices!!! more like highway robbery!! Is it JMO???????   Mikey

TRKYHTR

I agree. I make mouth calls and know what it takes and how much it costs to make one. I sale my mouth calls for 5.00 and will put them up against any out there.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mudhen

I'm all for charging whatever the market will bear, but the current pricing really has me stumped...

So, just like last year, I'll be ordering 5-6+ of Joe's calls this week, perfectly good calls!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Lonehowl

Exactly...Im seeing 15 dollar calls...Crazy Imo I don't care who's name is on it.

Sadler McGraw

I am going to go out on a limb with this, my calls are now $21.99 for the rest of this week.  Order now while this special offer applies.   Specially blended combinations of superior grade latex has been  aquired for these limited addition mouth calls. 
Special competition grade aluminum frames are now being used by me,  only one out there with these special frames with special glue.

The tape is the same old crap, otherwise the calls would be $24.99!

Order away!!!!
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

Jbird22

Quote from: Sadler McGraw on March 17, 2014, 03:37:31 PM
I am going to go out on a limb with this, my calls are now $21.99 for the rest of this week.  Order now while this special offer applies.   Specially blended combinations of superior grade latex has been  aquired for these limited addition mouth calls. 
Special competition grade aluminum frames are now being used by me,  only one out there with these special frames with special glue.

The tape is the same old crap, otherwise the calls would be $24.99!

Order away!!!!
LOL! I like it!

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Sadler McGraw on March 17, 2014, 03:37:31 PM
I am going to go out on a limb with this, my calls are now $21.99 for the rest of this week. 

Is the personal instruction, food, and lodging at your house all included for that price?

How does your old lady feel about us staying at your house when we come to pick up the calls and get the instruction?

;D ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Sadler McGraw

With a purchase of 8 calls. i will throw in a Beard Box!
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

drum817

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 17, 2014, 09:33:17 AM
I agree. I make mouth calls and know what it takes and how much it costs to make one. I sale my mouth calls for 5.00 and will put them up against any out there.

Joe

I'm with you on this one Joe!!!  SS Custom Sells theirs for 5.95 and they are FANTASTIC calls too!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

L.F. Cox

drum817

Quote from: L.F. Cox on March 17, 2014, 07:34:22 PM
Who's making them ?

Here's what it says on the SS web site "For the past year we have been working hand in hand with one of the countries leading mouth call designers to produce a small line of our very own custom diaphragms" ....if you really wanna know who? My suggestion is to call Al Shoemaker at 276-794-7771 and ask him...he will be glad to answer your question.

Old Gobbler

Mouth calls have stalled at $5 a piece since 1990 - in my opinion , the people making good calls have a right to ask what's ever they deem fit- the parts may be somewhat cheap to the unknowing eye, but a large scale operation ( not a garage operation) has many overheads , not limited to product liabiltiy insurance, rent , blah, blah ...up to and including marketing, shipping  and now mandated health insurance if your that large

Let us not forget that the retailer gets a good cut , if your dealing with the likes of walmart , on some items they keep %50 -a Little known fact is that many of the large sporting good chains like to sell higher price mouth calls over lower priced ones
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hunter22

Joe Slaton's X-Terminator is an excellent mouth call at a very reasonable price.

drum817

Quote from: hunter22 on March 17, 2014, 09:42:20 PM
Joe Slaton's X-Terminator is an excellent mouth call at a very reasonable price.

:agreed: