OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ivory Trumpets....

Started by L.F. Cox, March 16, 2014, 09:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.F. Cox

Looks like Ivory Trumpets and mouthpieces will be a thing of the past in a few weeks if Obama has his way....if the bill is passed there will be no sales across state lines.

I can assure you that doesn't mean you can drive across state lines or down to Nashville and sell it or buy it....

Honestly it kinda makes me feel good inside....I was the first to use Ivory in trumpet/turkey calls and since then every one and his brother has stolen and copied my ideas.

Kinda glad to see it all end.

Old Gobbler

Frank what's the basis of this proposed bill -- is it a ban on interstate sales of preban ivory - or all ivory sales in general

Also is it just ivory , or anything on the cites list -- similar to what happened to the Gibson guitar factory 2 years ago when they raided the place and attached all their rosewood and ebony

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

L.F. Cox

The bill bans interstate sales....the cites list just deals with import and export.

Trumpetyelper

This makes me remember a famous quote:
"To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic"
Pablo Picasso

I personally think you should feel proud that Ivory mouthpieces have been widely adopted.

Rapscallion Vermilion

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8117915.stm

The old instruments ever found, flutes, dating to around 40000 bc, were made of vulture wing bones and mammoth ivory.  So far, even numbers of each have been found.