OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Nova scope mount Question??

Started by bigdale, March 14, 2011, 02:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdale

Can the Nova (not the SuperNova) be drilled and tapped for scope mounts??? I was told by a smith that you can't do it on a Nova. I know they make a saddle mount, but I prefer standard mounts. Help me out please

Hognutz

Yes they can be drilled and tapped. Your gunsmith is full of crap. Find a smith that knows what he is doing. I also prefer the D & T, rather than the saddle mount. It is forever, and it is a lot less cumbersome..Good luck..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bigdale on March 14, 2011, 02:30:57 PM
Can the Nova (not the SuperNova) be drilled and tapped for scope mounts??? I was told by a smith that you can't do it on a Nova. I know they make a saddle mount, but I prefer standard mounts. Help me out please

Yes but as Mike said, you need to find a gunsmith who's done a few. He must go through through the plastic and then hit the skeletonized steel receiver and tap it exactly right. He'll need longer screws to secure the base as well.

If you can't find anyone in your area, I can send you the name of a smith who's done hundreds over the years.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Snoody Bastid

I'm currently looking to do my Supernova also. My most trusted gunsmith won't touch it. But 3 others I called were willing to do it ($25.00 per hole). If you buy a Burris scope base made for the Nova/Supernova it has the longer screws(non-torx) to clear the polymer, it also fits the contour/groove of the receiver. I have the camo one.

bigdale