turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening day success!

Started by MS!48, March 15, 2014, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS!48

Hey guys I always lurk on this forum during turkey season but just now joined. Thought I would share some pictures from this mornings hunt with you guys. Had great morning birds gobbled pretty good. Had 4 gobblers come in and my brother and I got a double. Both with 870 20 gauges. One with a pure gold .570 and the other with an Indian creek tube. Although I'm not certain what the constriction is on his choke. Both using nitro 4x5x7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

alloutdoors

Congrats! Love the pic with the kids, how long is the beard on that bird on the left?

MS!48

Thanks those are my nephews. The one on left measured little over 9 the right one 9 on the dot. Left bird was about 3 pounds heavier too

Captaintopwater

alloutdoors

Quote from: MS!48 on March 15, 2014, 02:58:31 PM
Thanks those are my nephews. The one on left measured little over 9 the right one 9 on the dot. Left bird was about 3 pounds heavier too

I'm surprised, I guess it's the way it's curving, when I first saw it I thought it was super long.

Lonehowl

kenfa03

Thats what its all about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MS!48

Thanks guys. Yeah I though it was a lot longer too that one just seemed so much bigger than the other one when they walked out too.  This makes the 2nd bird I've taken with that 20 gauge and I'll never go back to a 12. This was his first time using a 20 and I believed he's hooked too. His two kids had a ball out there too, watching us clean them

SCDieselDawg

cluck

Now thats the kind of picture that needs to be framed and put on the wall!!!! I'd say them young boys is going to give them uncle's some competion in another couple years.     cluck :OGani:

chatterbox

gophert

SwampHunter11b

Congrats!! Great way to start off the season.

MS!48

Yeah them boys are a handful. They already crazy bout deer and turkey hunting.

FullChoke

Fantastic! Congratulations to both of you.

BTW, any photo that shows a pair of Mississippi gobblers dropped with 20 gauges and Scooby Doo PJs ranks way up there!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.