Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Should this video make me upset for turkey hunting? Mojo Scoot and Shoot.

Started by JuniorPre 360, March 12, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

Is there some point at which the phrase "as long as it is legal" becomes preposterous?  Haven't we reached that point long ago?  Does not the sight of a fine game bird running to a decoy based on sign-stimulus alone make the true sportsman want to puke?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

BowBendr

If I had to act a fool and do things like that to kill a turkey, i'd quit.

BigGobbler

Nothing new used to do it on the farms in pa years ago! Now they find a way to make a buck off it and make it sound like it's something they made up. I would like to see them do that on Florida public land lol there would be a shortage of stretchers. There is places that allow you to use rifles. Some states I think one is Pa. Require you wear orange when you are not stationary or put a orange band around the tree you are sitting by. It would take a stupid person to shot someone but then again it happens every year.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: silvestris on March 12, 2014, 06:39:32 PM
Is there some point at which the phrase "as long as it is legal" becomes preposterous?  Haven't we reached that point long ago?  Does not the sight of a fine game bird running to a decoy based on sight-stimulus alone make the true sportsman want to puke?

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I love PA law as it pertains to spring gobbler hunting. "Hunting is by calling only."
Pretty much rules out Mojo Skid Marks. Don't it?

chatterbox

arkrem870

Mojo outdoors doesn't make a product that is ethical..... Legal yes ethical no

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Old Gobbler

let me make a prediction .....If someone gets killed or hurt partaking in this activity  all they have to do is use this footage made by mojo in literally any court in this country and they will sue their pants off , we are talking multi million dollar suit --

I promise when you get a bunch of sobbing and crying family members in a court room in a wrongful death lawsuit with the family vs. some company , and you stack up 12 jurors , and they see the loss of life , limb and the breadwinner of the family is dead --

tell me if you think those 12 people will do  , especially with such idiotic footage
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

silvestris

The plaintiff (or the poor departed's family) would not want me on the jury.  The defect of the product is too obvious.  I might give past medicals so the taxpayer didn't have to pick up the dear departed's hospital bills.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

jwhunter

To me this is not turkey hunting. Personally using decoys is not as fun as  just working a bird on your own. I have killed turkeys using decoys when I am hunting with a friend  or trying to shoot one with my bow. but I do not get the same high as I do when its just me and the bird with a shotgun in my lap. 

There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Its just not for me! I agree it kind of makes me mad as well. I also do not like 99% of all the hunting shows on TV, I hate all the fist pumps and high fives!! screaming WHOOOOO when you kill something and dancing in a tree stand. or guys running as fast as they can and diving on top of there turkey. I'm guessing these guys are just excited to kill something.  What happened to sitting still after the shot, being quiet, not spooking everything in the area? if the bird starts to flop off or run off, dang shoot it again. when I hunt I do not like the animals to know im there. I might want to return the next day and hunt again. 

ill get off my soap box

catdaddy

Quote from: jwhunter on March 13, 2014, 11:28:51 AM
To me this is not turkey hunting. Personally using decoys is not as fun as  just working a bird on your own. I have killed turkeys using decoys when I am hunting with a friend  or trying to shoot one with my bow. but I do not get the same high as I do when its just me and the bird with a shotgun in my lap. 

There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Its just not for me! I agree it kind of makes me mad as well. I also do not like 99% of all the hunting shows on TV, I hate all the fist pumps and high fives!! screaming WHOOOOO when you kill something and dancing in a tree stand. or guys running as fast as they can and diving on top of there turkey. I'm guessing these guys are just excited to kill something.  What happened to sitting still after the shot, being quiet, not spooking everything in the area? if the bird starts to flop off or run off, dang shoot it again. when I hunt I do not like the animals to know I'm there. I might want to return the next day and hunt again. 

ill get off my soap box

A "Most Excellent" post.

JuniorPre 360

I contacted one of their team members over Facebook and politely asked them if grabbing that turkey and their style was ethical and or harrassment to the birds. He replied, "He was just saying hi to the turkey no harassment intended."

Kind of speaks for itself I guess.

jakesdad

He replied, "He was just saying hi to the turkey no harassment intended."

Typical TV black hoodie posse wannabe response.As much as I like seeing new people getting involved in hunting,the new mentality brought on by the "TV pros" almost makes me wish that some people would pick another sport to pursue(the word demoralize would fit here also)

Yes I said it may be neat to try in a earlier post,but in a much more classy or ethical manner,or even without a gun in the offseason just to get close to birds.I agree with the earlier statement of when does just because its legal cross the line of ethical.

I know several local "pros" who would love to try this so they could brag of their turkey hunting greatness.These are the same people who would/have blasted a bird off the limb because it was legal and tell everyone how great they are.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

jwhunter

Its all about Making money these days. Creating a product that sells to make money. People are fooled by these scams thinking it is making them a better "Turkey Hunter". If I cant call him in then I guess he won that day! it give me another day to get better and try again. Becoming a "Turkey Hunter" takes time it takes patients it takes many springs to become a "Turkey Hunter". Its about a Man and his shotgun with a few calls watching the day break, experiencing the morning with the owls, the whipper-wheels and of course the turkeys, its about trying to be more seductive than she is. Its about staying within 100 yards of that bird from daylight until 9:30 only moving feet at a time until the moment is right to pull the trigger. Experiencing two solid hours of hardcore drumming when that tom is only 30 yards away, but b/c of the terrain you cant see him.

Decoying a turkey into feet of you to try and pounce on the animal is a lack of respect for what you cranked your truck up to do that morning.... I wake up early in the spring  to be a "Turkey Hunter". Im getting closer every season!!!!

SSCsnood

Quote from: jwhunter on March 13, 2014, 03:09:48 PM
Its all about Making money these days. Creating a product that sells to make money. People are fooled by these scams thinking it is making them a better "Turkey Hunter". If I cant call him in then I guess he won that day! it give me another day to get better and try again. Becoming a "Turkey Hunter" takes time it takes patients it takes many springs to become a "Turkey Hunter". Its about a Man and his shotgun with a few calls watching the day break, experiencing the morning with the owls, the whipper-wheels and of course the turkeys, its about trying to be more seductive than she is. Its about staying within 100 yards of that bird from daylight until 9:30 only moving feet at a time until the moment is right to pull the trigger. Experiencing two solid hours of hardcore drumming when that tom is only 30 yards away, but b/c of the terrain you cant see him.

Decoying a turkey into feet of you to try and pounce on the animal is a lack of respect for what you cranked your truck up to do that morning.... I wake up early in the spring  to be a "Turkey Hunter". Im getting closer every season!!!!
^^^precisely