OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Should this video make me upset for turkey hunting? Mojo Scoot and Shoot.

Started by JuniorPre 360, March 12, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuniorPre 360

I saw this video posted on Facebook from a hunting site. Watching this, I really have an urge to punch a lot of the people in the video right in the face. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, but I don't think this is how turkey hunting should be done. Seems a little unethical and dangerous to me. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wvcczx5nJw

taylorjones20

I think on public ground it can be dangerous for sure.  I have killed a few stubborn long beards over the years by using a fan...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

JuniorPre 360

I'm very new so don't get me wrong. It's not the fan I have a problem with, it was the guy grabbing a turkey, throwing a loaded gun, taking numerous shots on turkeys, and acting the way they did. I've seen a lot of crap out duck hunting and I'm not sure what to expect when I go out for turkeys this year.

Gooserbat

Fanning is nothing new, and for those that do it in private ground where it is MUCH safer then I could see it as being extremely exciting.  Now doing it on public...Not me. 

On another note, I wouldn't show off the misses and bad shots those guys made or the unsafe gun handling.  But that said those guy take it to an extreme level.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

taylorjones20

Their responses are not ethical. I agree with you.  I misunderstood your original post and took it as using a fan was unethical. My bad.

Most turkey hunters that I have met are not like the guys in that video.  Sure, we all get excited and let our emotions get the best of us at times, but I don't know of any that act like the ones in the video...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Tommythreetoes

+1.  Fanning may be ok if done safely.  It's another tool and its fun.  Shooting wildly, wounding, missing, and throwing your gun on the ground is just dumb.

ericjames

I wouldn't do that on private land around here. That's a good way to get a load of shot in the rump.

CT Spur Collector

That stuff ain't happening in PA. If so, it's all private ground.

Looks like a good way to get hurt to me.

captin_hook

I'm not crazy about what I seen in that video. Now I do use decoys, I think they are a nice tool to help seal the deal. I don't know if I would hold one and crawl behind it to a turkey. How those guys were acting and throwing guns was kind of uncalled for.

SSCsnood

I absolutely hate to see turkeys killed this way....not totally sure why but I just don't like it

northwoodshntr

Fanning is a great tool when done safely. I have a hard time watching the UNSAFE and UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR. I have a hard time with MOJO Outdoors releasing that video too.

Frank G

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on March 12, 2014, 11:12:49 AM
I'm very new so don't get me wrong. It's not the fan I have a problem with, it was the guy grabbing a turkey, throwing a loaded gun, taking numerous shots on turkeys, and acting the way they did. I've seen a lot of crap out duck hunting and I'm not sure what to expect when I go out for turkeys this year.

100% in agreement with you on this one 360. Attempting to grab a live bird then tossing his SG on the ground  :o. I'll bet this group goes noodling for catfish  :goofball:. Looks like typical Mississippi "sportsmen" to me.  :toothy12:

Frank G  In Tennessee

SSCsnood

Quote from: northwoodshntr on March 12, 2014, 11:42:35 AM
Fanning is a great tool when done safely. I have a hard time watching the UNSAFE and UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR. I have a hard time with MOJO Outdoors releasing that video too.
^ THIS

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I hunt on property owned by wealthy, educated and civilized people.

If any of them ever saw this common, classless display of what "outdoorsmen" or turkey hunters are, I would lose most of it.

Bubbas dressed in suspenders, hillbillies dressed skeleton suits, and rednecks casually throwing guns around does nothing to improve the perception of hunting in the eyes of the non-hunting public.

I find the "turkey reapers" appalling.

Terry

Quote from: northwoodshntr on March 12, 2014, 11:42:35 AM

Ditto!