turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Well since there is now a section ...

Started by davisd9, March 10, 2014, 10:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I will post a few of my trumpets and Wingbone yelper. When I order a call I ask the call maker to make me what they would take to the woods. Do not care if it is field grade or better, just what they would hunt with.

First up is a Billy Buice Osage Orange   Trumpet. Mr. Buice stated he hunte with the exact same call so I said that is what I want.

Next up is a Mark Sharpe Wingbone. It is hen bone mouthpiece lip piece and center and then a young gobbler bone for the bell. If you do not have a Sharpe you are missing out on quality. Thy are a piece of art and sound even better. Best part of getting this call is the friendship it started between the two of us. I always really enjoy speaking with Mr. Mark!

Next up is a local SC trumpet maker Charlie Hudson. I wanted this call cause my mentor hunts with Mr. Hudson's trumpets so it is special to me for that and cause they can flat out call. This yelper is Lignum Viate with a Stag Horn mouthpiece. Speaking with Mr. Hudson is always a true pleasure!

My final one I am posting is a MKW. She is special to me! This call is cocabola with a buffalo horn mouthpiece. This call was actually used by Mr. Williams and he killed birds with it. She is the easiest playing trumpet I own.

Each of these great calls will be around my neck this season. The worst part is trying to decide which to carry when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

davisd9

Going to take and post a better picture of the Buice tomorrow. It deserves to have a clearer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SS Calls

Gawhitaker

Got a collection of some excellent calls off to a great start for sure!!

Scpossum

Nice calls. I see Charlie has come out with a new style. Nice!  Might have to stop by there soon.  :drool: