turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

IL gobbling

Started by Tommythreetoes, March 10, 2014, 10:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heller

We were un the teens again last night and probably won't see 30 today. More snow tomorrow and Tuesday. Then we are supposed to get some high 30s and possibly mid 40s by end of week. Havnt heard any birds gobblin or any struttin goin on yet. If the weatherman is right and we get 50s here in week maybe I'll start to hear em

memert116

Madison County is supposed to be steadier in the 50's for the next 10 days but sort of rainy.  Hoping to get out a few mornings and listen.   Anyone from around here hearing anything??

Dtrkyman

Anybody get out lately?

memert116

It's storming here today.... :(

Heller

Cold and rainy here also, next week supposed to be holdin steady in the 40s, so maybe that'll get em started

Dtrkyman

Was scouting a friends new lease with him in Woodford county, ll was silent there yesterday morning but we did find some fresh sign there!!

ilbucksndux

Friday evening saw a jake with 15 or so hens strutting and would shock gobble when I yelled at him. This morning they gobbled their heads off on the roost. All but one of them shut up when thy hit the ground. the one did gobble 3-4 times on the ground. Jackson county
Gary Bartlow

Heller

Saw 11 turkeys today along the crick across from my farm. No struttin.

Dtrkyman

Was out for youth season with no success, Birds gobbled well on the limb but not much on the ground, they hammered in the evening both days as well!

Tommythreetoes

Heard a couple this morning as well.  Season starts tomorrow, aaaand I have to work.   :OGturkeyhead:

minnie112

I also made it out for youth hunt on April 5th and 6th.  Like it was mentioned previously, the birds were hammering off on the limb.  Real quiet once on the ground.  10yr old son had a great time but we didn't have the patience to wait them out!   

Pacificcooler

Gonna brave the storm tomorrow for the opener. Strong thunderstorms tonight turning into steady rain in the am with 25-30 winds. I doubt they will be doing much of anything lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Hunted first three days of first season, 2 in Jo Davies and One in Carrol calling for a friend.  Hard gobbling on the roost Tuesday and today, not much after 7:30, killed mine at 7:15 and my killed his at 11 but was silent.  If it warms up they should really start rippin it!

Dtrkyman

Called for a friend in Kankakee county, fair roost gobbling and very little after fly down, managed to get one going at 10:30 and he met his demise at 11:07, was not hammering but just enough gobbling to track him.

Dtrkyman

Spent the last 7 days in the turkey woods, crazy weather had them off a little, couple really good mornings for roost gobbling but after fly it was sporadic, few birds gobbling late through the morning but nothing hot or consistent! Should crank up with the nice weather coming!