OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any experience with inv + with a .660???

Started by TheSportsman, March 09, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

I just acquired a rob Roberts choke for my browning inv + in .660. How do y'all think it'll pattern? Sounds awfully tight to me. Might do well with longbeards?? Or other lead???

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I just shot about four different shells using the same choke through a Winchester SX3 invector plus the results were excellent. I haven't added up the pellets yet but the pattern at forty yards was awesome with all four shells. I may put up some pics later in the week.

d.winsor

My SX3 came with a .655 extended choke.  I thought that was a little tight so I bought a .665 extended choke since It will be really close to season before I get to pattern it.  I am partial to #5's is why I got the .665 but I am going to pattern both chokes to see how #5's pattern with them.  Personally I think that #6 shot would do better in the .655 choke.  I do think that the .660 would probably do good with #5 shot maybe even some #6's. 

R AJ

The inv+ /660 combo should work well with lead Win 3-1 3/4-#6 or #5, 3-2-5 or 6 and in Win LB XR #5 or #6 if you are looking for what I consider as hunting patterns .

That 655 is lights out with the above shells in #6s , especially the Win LB XR.

My go to lead choke for the 655 and inv+ in a 22" bbl. has been the  Win Supreme 3-1 3/4-#6, black shell.

BHMTitan

I have an old 2.75" 12g Browning A5, 22" Inv+ barrel.  The Win X (gray box) #6 does great thru both an IC 655 and Kick's 650.

cahaba

I have shot .665 .670 and .675. in my SX3 and the .675 put up the best pattern. I tried Indian Creek and Kicks GT. The Kicks won out.

TheSportsman

We'll my gun loves a 670 pure gold but if I go back to lead, which I plan on when my magblends and nitros are gone, and thought this 660 might do well with lead. I've got a stock pile of Winchester double x 3.5" 2 1/4 oz 5s and lot of win high velocity 3.5" 2oz 5s. Thought the 660 might do well with these loads? Still may be too tight....