TJK68

Nice shooting with your bow Nick.  :icon_thumright:

nickhrp

Quote from: TJK68 on March 30, 2014, 08:35:16 AM
Nice shooting with your bow Nick.  :icon_thumright:
thanks ol'buddy getn one with the gun first then gonna unleash the pse on them

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Hey guys with the current 3 birds harvested by our teammates I think we are at 2nd behind team Alabama I know it's still early but those guys are killing some big ol' beast of some birds keep up the good work and good luck guys

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Birds all over the bank north of caruthersville Missouri I counted 17 made me sick sucks being stuck at work 24 more days and I'm going after them full speed and relentless

God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

had 1 good, 1 not so good scouting missions the last couple days
checked out my new spot monday afternoon and saw 7 toms. walked up on 2 longbeards along a ridge above a creek that i suspected to be a good roost spot and they just stood there, 25 yards away and i wasnt even wearing any camo.  :turkey2:
checked out my no. 1 place this morning where i have shot lots of toms and heard a crazy number of gobbles but nary a peep on my side of the creek. all the birds were still in a big winter flock about a quarter mile away on an outfitter property.
hopefully, they break up soon because this is my traditional opening day spot  :turkey:

ericjames

Well, I shot my first bird with the Winchester longbeards today.. Looks like they done what they were suppose to do at 35 yards.

sonofabuck

Wow. I'm guessing not much flopping. What size shot? 3 or 3.5 inch?

nickhrp

Look like a claymore got him

God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

3.5 #6. This was the first one I shot with the longbeards so I was just curious as to what the neck looked like..

ericjames

Oh and yes he still tried to beat the crap out of me..

Illini Tom

holy moly! yeah, i'd say they did the job
i almost bought a box of longbeards awhile back but the place i stopped at only had them in 4s and 6s, and i have always shot 5s though my gun, so i got xx 5s instead.
wish i had gotten the LB 6s  :fud:

TJK68

HOLY CRAP!!!!! :newmascot: Congrats!!!

ericjames

Well I wanted the 5's also but they were sold out of them had 4 and 6 so that's why I got the 6's. Looking at some of these #on here I might try a box of 4's.

ericjames

I was also going to show y'all the spur. I don't know what's wrong with it. Kind of looks like the bottom half was splitting apart. Have you all ever saw one split like this?

Gooserbat

Quote from: ericjames on April 04, 2014, 10:16:56 AM
I was also going to show y'all the spur. I don't know what's wrong with it. Kind of looks like the bottom half was splitting apart. Have you all ever saw one split like this?

Yeah I killed one bout 10 years back that was kinda like that...Congrats on the kill. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.