OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mailing your calls ?

Started by TarheelTurk, March 07, 2014, 07:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

Hey guys recently for the first time had a few calls bought from other states which I'm Very thankful for! I wanted to ask so of y'all more experienced callmakers how do y'all mail your calls or who do you use private ship places or US  post office?  And average prices y'all have on shipping if possible .... Thanks for any and ALL help and advice

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

davisd9

Not a call maker but buy and ship a good bit of calls. I use USPS when I ship and calls I buy come this way. Average price is 5-6 bucks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

a-j calls

Priority only, runs 5.80 for pots and small box.

turkeykiller22

I us USPS for everything. Free boxes too! For mouth calls, its 2.32 per package with insurance and tracking. Around 5.80 for priority mail, which comes with $50 of insurance and tracking also! UPS was too high for my tight wallet..
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

RizzardiCustomCalls

USPS Priority Mail.  Comes with tracking number and $50 Insurance.  I always make sure I insure the package for the amount the customer paid plus shipping.  I never charge my customer for the insurance if I need to add more than the standard $50.  Just something I do myself.  I've been burnt a couple times on packages that never arrived.  I charge the customer the actual shipping charge minus the extra insurance if needed.
Go to USPS website to calculate actual cost.

TarheelTurk

THanks a bunch for the advice everyone !! I was getting charged upwards of$13-$15 and thought tht was a tad high , but want the best for the customer !! Thanks Again
Jason

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Lonehowl

Wow, thats high. I always use USPS...people can complain about them all they want but there is not anything cheaper. The tracking aint as good as UPS or Fed Ex etc, but if you are shipping small items (diaphragm calls etc) you cant beat the mail.
Mark

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TarheelTurk

I am def going by the USPS Monday Mark , yeah 13 was steep!! Totally surprised me ! Thanks again to everyone