OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Prayer request for my father with cancer...

Started by jdavenp3, March 05, 2014, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdavenp3

I have never sent out a prayer request before. Never been much of a spiritual person to be honest. My father is spiritual and I'd like to share his condition with everyone.

Around 6 months ago my father was diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer. Two small masses in his upper lobe on one of his lungs. Surgery was out of the option due to weak lungs and the placement of the massed. Round of radiation seemed to knock it out.

Fast forward to this month...He had terrible pain in his ribs. Went for a PET scan and was revealed that the cancer had jumped to his lymph nodes and entered a spot in his ribcage, close to his heart, another lobe, and was diagnosed with stage 3b/early 4th lung cancer and given 3-9 months to live.

He smoked/smokes like a chimney. Cancer comes with the territory of smoking like he does but it still eats me up inside. If you smoke, PLEASE, try and quit. Use a vaporizer, try Chantix, quit cold turkey. No one should have to go through what he is about to embark upon and I am just dreading the outcome of what the cancer will eventually do to him.

BOFF

So sorry to read.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for loving each and every one of us, with grace, mercy, and the death of Your son Jesus, for our sins. Thank You for prayers of interventions.

We lift up this situation to You now, with melted hearts, and tears. Some of us knowing the situation first hand with parents, cancer, and the poor outlook. We ask for Your peace, which You promise Your children, to cover each one of them. Let Your Holy Counselor be present, and may each one be aware of Your presence.

Be with all the medical staff who oversee his father's  care, and guide each one with the wisdom and knowledge to help in his treatment. We ask for Godly men and women to be all around them, to  provide support, encouragement,  direction, laughter, and a Spirit of assurance.

May this man's request be honored, not for his glory, but Yours.

For it is in the name of Jesus, the name above all names we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Longshot

Prayers sent up for your father, the doctors, caregivers, and for all of you that love your father. God's peace and comfort to you all.
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

Duke0002

Praying for your dad and family and friends.  Rest in the grace and mercy of your Savior, Jesus Christ, and trust in His forgiveness and His free offer of eternal life!  We're placing our confidence in His healing and caring hands.    :jesus-cross:

ads1

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

jdavenp3

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Great community here at OG.

bamagtrdude

Standing in agreement with these prayers that have been lifted up for your father!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

vaturkey

Prayers for your father & the rest of your family !  :mycross:
Vaturkey

tomstopper

Prayers sent for your father and your family. :cross2: :bible:

Hognutz

Prayers said and sent for your father and the family. May the Lord be with you always.. :cross2:

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.