turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth call recommdations

Started by MEbeardlover, March 04, 2014, 08:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEbeardlover

Ok, folks, I need some input. Going into my 3rd year of turkey hunting. Have primarily used friction calls the first two years. I have some some mouth calls and have practiced with them quite a bit. Going to spend more time outside the blind this year, and will need to use mouth calls. I have an assortment of Primos, Knight and Hale, and Hunters' Specialties calls (couple of each). All stuff picked up in clearance
Bins, etc. just to experiment.

So, what are the best mouth calls? Also, is it the quality of the call or the ability of the caller?

drum817

"Best" is  in the opinion of the user...that being said some calls are more user friendly than others.  When it come to mouth calls the most important thing is practice,practice.....& practice some more!!!  In my opinion bad calling is probably the fault of the caller more often than the call itself.  I personally use SS mouth calls #1 because I helped to design them and they sound great #2 consistency #3 they don't break the bank. 

http://sscustomcalls.com/mouthcalls.html

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

reynolds243

Agree with drum everyone will have an opinion but call Chad over at Rush Calls. Awesome guy and prices are even better. If you don't like the call you can call him at anytime and tell him why and he will try and get one to fit exactly what you need/want

Chris Downs

Give Sadler McGraw a shout here at OG. He can fix you up. Another guy that makes a great call is Cane Creek Calls. Doug Adkins makes a pretty nice call and are priced a little cheaper than most.

va longbeard

Give Lyle Gilbert at Houndstooth calls a call he will set you up and is one of the top diaphragm call makers out there. Lyle is a super nice guy to deal with.

Sadler McGraw at Champions Choice makes some awesome diaphragms also, just got his batwing call and it is a great one. Sadler is a super nice guy to deal with also.

Steve Kinder at XT calls makes some awesome calls as well.

You cant go wrong with these guys.

bornagain64

I agree, it is a personal preference. Some calls are easier to blow than others. I live Hooks mouth calls.
Ussually the more reeds the harder to blow, start out with a 2 reed call. Thay have a couple new call this
Year, they say they are user friendly and easier to use. My favorite call of theres is the executioner.

Gooserbat

Pm me I can fix you up, or check out the website.

http://gooserbatcalls.com/
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

keith5579

Gooserbat mouth calls fit my mouth better than any other call I've tried. 

L.F. Cox

I use Steve Kinders XT calls....I can out call a turkey on his Extreme Kee.

I like them so well I did a trade with him for one of my trumpet calls.

davisd9

Quote from: L.F. Cox on March 05, 2014, 03:34:24 PM
I use Steve Kinders XT calls....I can out call a turkey on his Extreme Kee.

I like them so well I did a trade with him for one of my trumpet calls.

X2! Big fan of the havoc and riot!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

strutnzone

How do you get in touch of XT calls. Went to the website everything was sold out....

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: strutnzone on March 06, 2014, 11:05:40 AM
How do you get in touch of XT calls. Went to the website everything was sold out....

If there is a number listed in is website, give him a call or shoot him a email. I don't think he is keeping his website up to date.

Another call of his I like is the Tease.

I also like the Hooks Imposter.

Hillbilly280

VANOVER GAME CALLS

Josh lambeth

I also love the Hooks Executioner! I've had the same one now for over 7 seasons and have been fortunate to call a many of long beard in to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redfish

I'm really liking the Sweetheart by SS calls.
John 3:16