OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

From the Blackfalcon Custom Calls shop

Started by blackfalcon, February 25, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfalcon

Guys, hello...It has been a while since I posted here. I moved from Vermont to Maine in 2012 to be near and help care for my Dad who passed away on Feb 11, 2014. I have been trying to get a shop set up here and get back up to speed making calls. Most of my efforts thus far have been devoted to trumpet and yelper style calls and I have two new calls to offer the serious turkey hunter. One is the Hybrid, a combination of  the Jordan and Roanoke style internals,taper reamed, the other is a call which is pretty much straight Jordan internals which I am calling the Lil Tramp. It is a smaller call than the Hybrid at 8" but a similar design externally and meant to be a little sister to the Hybrid. Both calls play very easily for soft calls and easy Kee-kees yet have plenty of volume when needed. I used the Hybrid extensively in the Spring and Fall turkey woods and was very pleased with the performance, and taking from that I developed the Lil Tramp which should prove itself as capable as it's big sister.
The other calls are my standard trumpets which I have been building for quite a while now and were designed around the clean and classic lines of a Turpin Style design.
Thanks for the look, Dave

Lil Tramp Jordan Style Macassar Ebony w/Ivory

Hybrid African Blackwood w/ Ivory

Hybrid in Cocobolo w/Ivory

East Indian Rosewood w/Water Buffalo

Madagascar Rosewood w/Water Buffalo

Lonehowl

Good to see ya Dave : ) Beautiful stuff!
Mark

Shellwaster

Sorry to hear about your dad. Your calls are beautiful. If you don't mind, what do you charge for them?

I've got a Brian Mero and a Joe Slaton trumpet and both play and sound similar and would assume the internal design is similar. I'm far from an expert in operating a trumpet style call but would consider trying something a little different.

strutnrut

Dave sorry to hear about your Dad. The calls look great. 

Spring Creek Calls

Great lookin calls! I'm in the same situation with my father now, he's 91, just lost his wife of 70 years and in failing health and mind. My thoughts are with you.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SS Calls

Glad to see ya back posting calls here friend!!  :you_rock: Those are some real beauties for sure!! Been watching the mail for mine.  :OGani:

SS Josh

Beautiful calls Dave! :icon_thumright:  Glad to see ya back.
:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

SS Flossy

outdoors

REAL NICE LOOKING CALLS ,  GOD BLESS ....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

houagie

cypresscreek

Great looking calls Dave!! My condolences on the passing of your dad.

Rick
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hunter22

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey