turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new 20 ga Turkey buster!

Started by stuckjeep, February 23, 2014, 06:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuckjeep

Thought you guys would like to see my new turkey weapon.  I am back in the game after being away from turkey hunting for 30 years...You all have been an inspiration!  I decided to go with 20 ga, based on the loads and chokes available today.  Many thanks to William at Sumtoy for setting up this Baikal single-shot with one of his nice chokes and the mount for the Mueller Quick Shot.  We are talking very dead Mr. Tom.  I went with the single shot because it is strong and light, and I have killed two turkeys with one shot but never killed one turkey with two shots!!  The camo is Camo Clad; I didn't have patience to do one of the very nice camo paint jobs I have seen here.  Thanks again everyone for the info and help!

redarrow

beagler

Never Misses

MikeStaten

What does something like that cost?  Looks nice and light.

turkeyhunter91

Great looking gun, i hope you have good luck with it. I sent William a 20ga barrel also, I cant wait to get it back and see what it does.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hookedspur

Nice !! I have seen a couple of those and they flat out shot.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stuckjeep

Check with William at Sumtoy on the weaver mount.  I REALLY like the Mueller sight because my eyes have changed a lot in 30 years...My left eye is great, right eye has astigmatism and is only good up close...using both eyes gives me good vision without glasses.  Since the Mueller is large and sits up high, it doesn't take much to cant my head just a little and aquire the dot with the left eye, while both eyes stay open and focused on the target.  Acquiring the dot with the right eye puts up a "bloom" that is NOT ideal.  If I had a smaller or lower red dot it would not work as well.  This SLIGHT head cant keeps the dot in sharp focus and gives total field vision.  Sight problem solved!