Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tired of all this shell bashing back and forth!

Started by davisd9, February 21, 2014, 11:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I am sick of the arguing going back and forth between what shell to shoot and why.  Let's see some turkey guns and birds killed with them!  Include the information of your set up.

Here is my current set up.  This will be my 3rd year hunting it and have killed 7 with it to this point, should have had a few more if I had done my part. 

She is a Mossberg 835 with a Star Dot .676.  I have a Simmons Pro-Diamond 4 x 32 mm scope on top.  I am shooting 3.5" 2.25 oz Hevi 6s.  Added the pistol grip this past off season.

First bird for this gun:

First bird from SC killed with this gun (bird shot at 30 yards):

One of the prettiest birds I have ever killed:

My personal best bird and killed it with a good buddy:

A bird from a very exciting hunt (shot him at 12 yards):

Let's see some of yours!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ericjames

That's some good looking birds and a great lookin gun.

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

davisd9

Hope others will post up some pictures and get us in the spirit that we are supposed to be in for the sport we are supposed to love.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Turkey fryin

I've been looking for a pistol grip for my 835 but I've not had any luck.  Where did you pick that one up? That is exactly what I'm lookin for

BowBendr

Quote from: davisd9 on February 21, 2014, 11:49:46 PM
Hope others will post up some pictures and get us in the spirit that we are supposed to be in for the sport we are supposed to love.

Beautiful birds. Congrats and I agree with ya' !!

davisd9

Quote from: Turkey fryin on February 22, 2014, 12:55:42 AM
I've been looking for a pistol grip for my 835 but I've not had any luck.  Where did you pick that one up? That is exactly what I'm lookin for

http://www.atigunstocks.com/maverick-traditional-stocks/235-shotgun-pistol-grip-stock.html

Had it dipped to match my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputy 14

870 Super Mag W/Hevishot choke. Not mentioning what shell I use so no one will tell me I'm wrong.

hookedspur

M2 Benelli 20ga  TSS 9 IC 555

870 Super Mag Nitro 7s IC 665
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvnut3

Both of these were taken with Federal Heavyweight #7's. one with a 11-87 3 1/2, 23inch barrel and the other with a 870 3 inch ,26inch barrel. Both were taken between 25-30 yards. Lee

chatterbox

Here is mine. Mossberg 835, topped with a Burris FFIII, and choked with a .670 Truglo SSX. I feed her Hevi-13 3-2-7's.

Here is the end result from that combo.

eddie234

My winchester 1300, currently running a hevi shot choke and hevi 13 3" #6's. Ive killed birds using a comp n choke 655 and winchester xtended range 3" #6"s.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

davisd9

Now this is what I like to see great guns and birds! Hope others will join the fun!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

davisd9

Quote from: hookedspur on February 22, 2014, 06:47:36 AM
M2 Benelli 20ga  TSS 9 IC 555

870 Super Mag Nitro 7s IC 665

Man that top bird is a hoss! What did he weigh?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2