OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Long Beard 3" #6's with a SumToy .650 (Weatherby PA-459 W/ 18.5" Barrel)

Started by drum817, February 21, 2014, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Very, very nice Tim!
Sweet gun, and sweet pattern! Looks like you are good to go! :icon_thumright:

reynolds243

Quote from: drum817 on February 21, 2014, 10:31:08 PM
Quote from: reynolds243 on February 21, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
Sbe2 26" barrel with a 655 rob Roberts. The 3.5s went 258

Cool.... can't wait to see the patterns!!!  It will be interesting to see the difference in the 3" vs the 3.5" from the same gun!!!  :icon_thumright:

Not even sure what to say hahah seemed to get even better when I shot it not in the lead sled

drum817

GOOD DEAL!!!  I'm shooting again tomorrow....expecting better numbers with MUCH better weather expected for Sun!!  That's GREAT stuff man....CONGRATS!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

surehuntsalot

some fantastic patterns out of short barreled shotgun,which btw is a good looking turkey gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drum817

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 22, 2014, 08:49:42 PM
some fantastic patterns out of short barreled shotgun,which btw is a good looking turkey gun

Thanks Man!!!  When I saw that gun I HAD to have it!!!  It doubles as a home defense gun and a turkey gun.  I personally think Weatherby hit a home run with it & I'm surprised I don't see more guys using the PA-459?  They make it in 20ga. too.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: drum817 on February 23, 2014, 04:16:00 AM

Thanks Man!!!  When I saw that gun I HAD to have it!!!  It doubles as a home defense gun and a turkey gun.  I personally think Weatherby hit a home run with it & I'm surprised I don't see more guys using the PA-459?  They make it in 20ga. too.

I saw where you had posted something about 20ga models a few days ago or something like that,anyway I am now on the hunt for one in 20ga.
Are they the same model # ???? just in different gauges???
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drum817

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 26, 2014, 08:07:44 PM

I saw where you had posted something about 20ga models a few days ago or something like that,anyway I am now on the hunt for one in 20ga.
Are they the same model # ???? just in different gauges???

Yes...the 20ga. only comes in flat black ...I believe.  Click on the "specs" tab.

http://www.weatherby.com/product/shotguns/pump_tr/pa459_tr

Seminoleturkey

Love hunting with my sa459 .indian creek choke and long beard #6 1 7/8 oz 3" consistanly put over 220 in a 10" at 40yrds

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

I guess most guys don't consider it fer rooster hunting is its a 3" gun. To me, 3.5" is overkill, my shoulder included. Love the way it looks and ghost ring sights to boot!  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

reflexl

Those are some beautiful even patterns. My guns are punching bullets hole with a corona. Lethal but nearly to tight. Good job.

lowoctane

Quote from: SPURRED@SPUN on March 08, 2016, 08:05:27 AM
I gotta lb #6 pattern 1187sp 21" barrel  1 3/4 oz. SSX 40yrds. Lb's rock. Nice pattern from the Roy I have the same gun but never use it ( spoiled by the semi auto). Might have to dust her off one day.
Betty, betty nice!!!  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life