OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need Help with wood blanks for strikers.

Started by bornagain64, December 15, 2013, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

I am wanting to make my self a set of strikers made of different woods. I started turning pots and strikers in my neighbors garage  about 3 years ago. I make them just for me and friends and family.
Last year I called a bird in with a call I made.

If you have any of these woods and are willing to sell me some, please pm me. I am looking for enough wood to make 2 of each kind of wood. We start our strikers with an 1" square X 8" long.
I live in Florida, for calculating shipping charges.

Black Locust                Osage               Brazilian Cherry
Hickory                     Purple Heart         Padauk                    Diamond Wood

Thanks, John

M,Yingling

If your still looking for some striker blanks I got every thing but  the locust
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pappy

john, you would be surprised at the selection you can find on ebay and the prices are not too bad, a lot of sellers sell bulk with mix of woods available. I get mine a lot, also I pick up tons of driftwood, from the Mississippi River, always some great finds there. Hope you get to turn those strikers...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

bornagain64

Thanks for the replies.
I received a pm and was able to get them all.

Thank, John

SouthernStrut

Check out Bell Forest Products.  Just about any type of wood you want at great prices.  This is where I buy all my striker blanks and they are excellent quality.
Blake
Southern Strut True Custom Calls
- True Custom Glass, Crystal, Copper, Slate, etc.
www.southernstrutcalls.com

"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk.  Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.  It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."  -Fred Bear