OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fed heavy 6s lot #

Started by sevetts, February 20, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevetts

I never really paid attention to the complaining of lot numbers until now. Had a perfect day for shooting in southern Missouri yesterday. 60 degrees and lil wind. I have shot the 6s in the past with respectable patterns prolly 120s and I thought if I spent some time with guns and chokes I could make that an awesome hunting round. Shot lot number 37ux651 (2 boxes) from dunns. Shot 3 different guns two are proven shooters. I failed to break 75 with 5 shots. The crazy thing to me was all the wads were laying at the base of my target. I shot at a piece of cardboard that came off of my pellet stove prolly 5' wide 4' tall and on the first shot from a 575 Carlson there was shot everywhere on the cardboard left right up and down. I've put a lot of 20ga shells down the pipe but these were the worst I have ever shot. I used a h and r pump. Win 1300 and a rem 11 87. I shot Carlson and an ssx. Im not bashing the guys using the sixs I've had them shoot good in the past just letting you know. I did put up two 150+ with Remington hevishot 6s and an Indian creek so it wasn't all bad lol and I've got plenty of nitros and fed 7s that I know shoot. Pay attention to lot numbers!

nyhunter

Guys can you guys post your lot#'s and let us know if you had good or bad results from that lot. Thanks in advance

Also feel free to include gin and choke with that

Captaintopwater

Captaintopwater