OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 835 Choke Suggestions

Started by TurkeyThumper#5, February 19, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyThumper#5

I just bought a new Mossberg 835 with a 24" Ported Barrel. I plan to try out the new Long Beard 3.5" #5's shells. What choke do ya'll suggest I start out with. Thanks!

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

chatterbox

ILIKEHEVI-13

The SSX is one hell of a choke no doubt.  I would also tell you that a old Star Dot choke I bet would be even better. 

surehuntsalot

thinking about picking up a box of 5's just to try through the stardot to see what happens
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drum817

SumToy is always my personal choice!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

mightyjoeyoung

OR!!!...  You could check the lead shooters forum and see what prob 30 guys are shooting in their own 835s/935s with every long beard loading available right now.  Sorry guys but I'm just getting a little tired of the utter unused scroll button of people's computers any more.  Look down folks.  There is a world of info right at your finger tips.  Besides.  You're gonna need to pattern the stuff anyways right???

Xcal1ber

Don't be afraid to try the stock choke that comes in the 835. We was patterning yesterday, and one of my buddies got 150's with his 835 and the stock choke, with the 3.5" Long Beards 5 shot.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

TurkeyThumper#5

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 20, 2014, 12:25:58 AM
OR!!!...  You could check the lead shooters forum and see what prob 30 guys are shooting in their own 835s/935s with every long beard loading available right now.  Sorry guys but I'm just getting a little tired of the utter unused scroll button of people's computers any more.  Look down folks.  There is a world of info right at your finger tips.
Jeez.... So this forum has this kind of people

2eagles

OR.......   You could try a HS Strut UnderTaker.  Part #00661 - .695 ID - Lead shot only  fits Mossberg 835 Utli-Mag  12 ga.
I don't own a Mossberg any more and you can have mine for FREE, but it would be nice if you'd pay for shipping.  Shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks.  Jim

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: TurkeyThumper#5 on February 20, 2014, 07:38:19 AM

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 20, 2014, 12:25:58 AM
OR!!!...  You could check the lead shooters forum and see what prob 30 guys are shooting in their own 835s/935s with every long beard loading available right now.  Sorry guys but I'm just getting a little tired of the utter unused scroll button of people's computers any more.  Look down folks.  There is a world of info right at your finger tips.
Jeez.... So this forum has this kind of people

What?  It isn't true?

MikeR

Quote from: 2eagles on February 20, 2014, 07:49:13 AM
OR.......   You could try a HS Strut UnderTaker.  Part #00661 - .695 ID - Lead shot only  fits Mossberg 835 Utli-Mag  12 ga.
I don't own a Mossberg any more and you can have mine for FREE, but it would be nice if you'd pay for shipping.  Shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks.  Jim

PM Sent

model94

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 19, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
The SSX is one hell of a choke no doubt.  I would also tell you that a old Star Dot choke I bet would be even better.
Do they still make the Stardot ckoke?

bbcoach

TT,
The 835 shoots most loads very well with a choke in the range of .670 to .680.  The SSX, Pure Gold, Sumtoy, Indian Creek or Stardot, are all excellent choices. Good Luck with whatever you choose and  :welcomeOG:.