Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

what are folks shooting in the "benelli" barrels using HW7s

Started by reynolds243, February 18, 2014, 09:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

just curious what folks are shooting out of benelli barrels using Heavyweight 7s? I have a franchi on the way and prob gonna start with a carlsons. Just seeing what is the most common folks are getting good results from in those barrels.

Rockhound

reynolds243

vaturkey

Hey Jamie

I have spoke to several Federal Reps & they all suggest a non ported choke with no wad catchers for best patterns with the HW loads. Try the factory choke that came with your gun also ! Good Luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: vaturkey on February 19, 2014, 09:26:54 AM
Hey Jamie

I have spoke to several Federal Reps & they all suggest a non ported choke with no wad catchers for best patterns with the HW loads. Try the factory choke that came with your gun also ! Good Luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:

Well they sure do, but it has been WIDELY established that ported chokes and even those chokes with "wad slowing devices" like the raised "straight rifling" in the TruGlo SSX chokes have been throwing some rediculous patterns.  As far as the factory chokes go, I haven't seen very good results from even Benelli crio-plus factory tubes with hard shot, HTL loads...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

ahfox16

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 18, 2014, 09:33:33 PM
SumToy .562-5

Ditto.  That's the real deal in my Nova 20 gauge.  Average 150 size 7 and they hit hard.

TNhunterKMC

Might want to check out the I Dian Creek choke as we'll