turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who shoots the Encore????

Started by mightyjoeyoung, February 17, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Who's shooting the Encore and what is your BEST combo?  I'm getting good, reasonable hunting patterns with HS 6's and HW 7's through a TG Undertaker non-ported but feel I might need to go a bit tighter due to the bore size of the Encore ProHunter bbls.  I Haven't been able to touch the numbers and pattern quality I get from my 870 in this gun and it'll be in the hands og my girlfriend or her daughter this spring and i want death asuured when they squeeze the trigger.   ;D  FWIW I'm getting an incredibly even, almost 170 in the 10" with the HW 7's through a carlson's .575 in my 870.  Wouldn't hesitate to leave any of my 12's at home with this combo! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

redarrow

I have an Encore in .243 that I would really like a 20 ga. barrel for,but I ain't ready to spend the money.

jtharpe

I get around 140 with a sumtoy in mine with the HW 7s. It is a nice even pattern so I have not mees with much else. These loads are from a couple years ago so I dont know if the newer loads shot better or not.
before I started shooting the feds. I was running a IC with number 7 nitros and getting 170 to 185.