OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet?

Started by Uchee creek gobblers, February 15, 2014, 10:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchee creek gobblers

I'm at the convention and I'm thinkin bout gettin a trumpet call. What kind should I get? I don't really know much about them!
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

earlyriser

Go by and talk with William Lester, he makes a great call. Very well made and they sound great.

paboxcall

I think Ralph Permar is there, check out his 1920 design.  Very easy to run.  I prefer the angled tip to a rounded tip, gives me little more control of the air flow.  Here's my newest 1920 in desert ironwood:

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

ol bob

Go by booth #5 and talk to Michael Buckner for a hunting call you can't beat his prices.

Uchee creek gobblers

Do you know where mr Lester or permar would be located or a booth name?
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

paboxcall

William Lester is in booth #625.  Not sure about Ralph Permar, may need to ask a few custom callers if he's around.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

merocustomcalls

Permar should be in the "Tools of the Trade" booth

paboxcall

Quote from: merocustomcalls on February 15, 2014, 06:24:08 PM
Permar should be in the "Tools of the Trade" booth

Then that would be booth #3 according to the listing. 

:icon_thumright: