OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another 835?

Started by TURBOBUICK, February 15, 2014, 08:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURBOBUICK

Well I went to Walmart to get the gun and of course I couldnt find anyone to sell it to me. It's $367 and I plan on the Bushnell TRS 25 red dot scope and picatinny mount. Im not sure on how high of a mount to get and I plan on getting Turkey Thug loads from wally world too as they were in stock for $10. Then I just have to decide on a choke..lol.. I will go and try to pick the gun up today. Thanks for the help so far.

TURBOBUICK

Finally got the gun home... took forever but at least I saved some $$.. it was $387.. a little more than I thought but oh well.. picked up a couple boxes of #6 Turkey thugs too.. thanks for all the help.

mightyjoeyoung

The TRS-25 sight has an integrated weaver mount.  I would just get the full length weaver base for the 835 (bout 9 bucks) and be done with it.  I actually own 2 of those sights and I LOVE THEM!  Small, durable and accurate.  Grab a Truglo SSX or Pure gold choke, or for just lead (if you can find one) a Lohman Long Shot tube.  Deep clean the bbl and run with it.  Good luck!! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Mike Honcho

You will love your new 835...I have one of the same models....loaned it to grandson and had to buy myself a 935 to replace it...it's killed a bunch of toms!
If you are lucky enough to find an original Star Dot choke for it they perform really well...I lucked into one a couple of years ago...it's in my 935 now.  The 835's can usually use a good deep cleaning and polishing of the bore for top pattern performance.

Good luck this season.