turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another 835?

Started by TURBOBUICK, February 15, 2014, 08:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURBOBUICK

I decided to get into turkey hunting this year and need a gun and have narrowed it down to the 835. My question is do I get the turkey thug w 20" barrel and red dot scope that I can order for $506+tax or just grab a 835 from wally world for $367+tax. I assume the thug is a better deal as I always end up with a scope but I dont see too many posts on it. I assume the turkey thug will have a better choke and is good to go right out of the box? Thanks for any help.

WildSpur

I am not sure which model Walmart offers.   I have one with the 20" barrel and like it.  The thug probably come with a .695 choke.  In the past that choke was ok but with these new winchester long beard loads you could have a factory winner.  Not sure what red dot comes on it but I would imagine that it is ok quality to get you by.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

knightrider

the only difference is the cheap red dot and the short barrel, personally I would go with wallmart  version because it has the 24 in barrel and the money I saved I would use on good optics and a good choke, good luck with whichever you choose!!

owlhoot

Does the Wallymart model come drilled and tapped for the scope base?

knightrider

yes it will come drilled

bbcoach

I purchased my 835 from Wally World about 4 years ago and I Love it.  I bought the Duck/Turkey combo that came with the 24 and 28 inch barrels.  The 24 was drilled and tapped and I added a Bushnell Red Dot and a 670 Pure Gold choke to top it off.  The only thing that I wish I could have gotten was the LPA trigger, that came out the next year.  I had my trigger worked on and brought down to 3 lbs and couldn't be happier with the performance.  Good Luck with whatever choice you make. 

TURBOBUICK

I thought the turkey thug came with the LPA trigger and the walmart one is standard trtigger. I appreciate all the help here I just dont want to wrap up more into a walmart gun than if I bought the thug. Im not sure what choke is in the either but one has a 24" barrel and the other a 20" barrel...

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

drum817

Yep....grab the one from wally world and customize it the way you like it with the extra $$$  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SCDieselDawg

surehuntsalot

another wallyworld vote,you can't beat it for the money
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TURBOBUICK

For some reason my friend that hunts claims I will have another $200 in the wally world gun to get it where I want it... I assume both guns have the same choke so the only thing Im giving up is a longer barrel, scope and trigger.. honestly I have not seen on here where one person has bought the $506 turkey thug.. is a 20" barrel better than a 24" barrel for turkey hunting? I am sure I can find a heck of alot better scope than the truglo the fancy one comes with... I cant wait to go hunting..never did it before for turkeys but everyone claims its even better than bow hunting for deer.

knightrider

Quote from: TURBOBUICK on February 15, 2014, 02:57:50 PM
For some reason my friend that hunts claims I will have another $200 in the wally world gun to get it where I want it... I assume both guns have the same choke so the only thing Im giving up is a longer barrel, scope and trigger.. honestly I have not seen on here where one person has bought the $506 turkey thug.. is a 20" barrel better than a 24" barrel for turkey hunting? I am sure I can find a heck of alot better scope than the truglo the fancy one comes with... I cant wait to go hunting..never did it before for turkeys but everyone claims its even better than bow hunting for deer.
you will have to put more into the turkey thug as well because you will junk the scope after it breaks and wil replace the factory choke as you desire better patterns. so either way your gonna have more in the turkey thug than you will the wally world after customizing both

pseshooter300

I agree walmart has a awesome deal on the 835
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood