OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rob Roberts/ Gobbler Guns

Started by foxkilr, February 14, 2014, 09:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxkilr

I'm thinking of sending my franchi intensity to rob to get the fc lengthened/polished and a choke matched to a load. Has anyone else sent guns to him? Pros, cons, is it worth the money?
Franchi Intensity w/burris ff3
Remington 1187 w/burris speedbead
Benelli Nova 20ga. w/burris ff2

Otdrzman

My 835 barrel is on the way back from there now. Had the FC lengthened and polished. Anxious to see it it makes a noticeable difference.

foxkilr

I went ahead and shipped the gun to him I found a fee people that highly recommend his work. I am getting

Fc lengthened/polished
Edm porting
Choke
Computer pattern analysis
Reciever drilled and tapped

Il do a short review once I get the gun back and shoot it a few times.
Franchi Intensity w/burris ff3
Remington 1187 w/burris speedbead
Benelli Nova 20ga. w/burris ff2

reynolds243

Quote from: foxkilr on February 14, 2014, 04:14:57 PM
I went ahead and shipped the gun to him I found a fee people that highly recommend his work. I am getting

Fc lengthened/polished
Edm porting
Choke
Computer pattern analysis
Reciever drilled and tapped

Il do a short review once I get the gun back and shoot it a few times.

You won't be disappointed. I had him do some of that to my Sbe2 and they did an awesome job!

scdxt

Spoke to him on the phone the other day.Very nice person and knows his stuff!!!!!! When I get my next benelli I will be sending it to him for forcing cone and probably dipping in bottomland. Thinking about sending him two other guns

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

reynolds243

I talked to him for a bit while i was up at the show tonight and actually when i introduced myself to him he and Jonathan both remembered me and all about my stuff i sent them...that was finished and sent back to me a while ago but they still totally remembered talking to me when i first called.  We spoke for a bit about guns and ammo then they answered a bunch of questions about the 20 gauge i bought. Aweme guys and even better service!

I will be sending my Franchi 20 gauge to them to dip and may even get the FC done as well as trigger work as well as one of his chokes to try in it.

PALongspur

Great guys! They know their stuff!

owlhoot

Would anyone who has a .660 choke from him for a 26" remington 870SM, or other REM gun have any idea what loads work  good with it?  Any length or shot size, any brand.
Thanks.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Otdrzman on February 14, 2014, 11:53:15 AM
My 835 barrel is on the way back from there now. Had the FC lengthened and polished. Anxious to see it it makes a noticeable difference.

Considering how the 835 really doesn't even have a forcing cone in the first place, I doubt you'll see a big diference if at all.  A deep cleaned and polished bbl and a good choke are about all the 835 ever really needs to be a true killer.  Hope you didn't waste your money. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

forcercon1

I sent in a SBE & SBE2 for work a few years ago and was pleased with his work and service.

highcj5

does the forcing cone and porting cut down on the recoil?  I am in the market for a sbe2, just waiting for dunn's to get more in.  when I get it, I see a future trip to mr. Roberts for some work.  will have to look at his choke tubes also.   thanks,  jesse   

reynolds243

Yes IMO. The porting cuts down some on the recoil but ALOT on the muzzle climb.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 16, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
Yes IMO. The porting cuts down some on the recoil but ALOT on the muzzle climb.

Agreed.  The only drawback to porting is it also causes a HUGE increase in muzzle blast directed up and to the sides that can and will ring some ears if you aren't careful!  I use one of my 835's exclusively for waterfowl and upland game and if I'm sitting in the layout blind in a field the guys on either side of me get handed an ear plug for their ear closest to me. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.