turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just bought my first 20 gauge! fired up

Started by reynolds243, February 13, 2014, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

sent the money out this morning for a new Franchi Affinity 26"!  I am actually very fired up about it, i have not shot or owned a 20 gauge since I was a kid. I just go done fully customizing my SBE2 which took me over 3 years of saving to be able to afford and I haven't even got to pattern it yet but I am almost as excited over this gun hahah

Ordered 6 boxes of federal HeavyWeight 7s to use, now just got to decide on a choke. I don't know a ton about 20 gauges so I will be asking lots of help and opinions just a heads up!

Terry

FullChoke

Welcome to the fold, my brother. We will help you get your rig set-up in any way that we can.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Katmandew

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 13, 2014, 08:38:29 PM
sent the money out this morning for a new Franchi Affinity 26"!  I am actually very fired up about it, i have not shot or owned a 20 gauge since I was a kid. I just go done fully customizing my SBE2 which took me over 3 years of saving to be able to afford and I haven't even got to pattern it yet but I am almost as excited over this gun hahah

Ordered 6 boxes of federal HeavyWeight 7s to use, now just got to decide on a choke. I don't know a ton about 20 gauges so I will be asking lots of help and opinions just a heads up!

Congrats on the new 20.  Did the same this year but its mainly for the kids.  I plan on using it some as well though.  I'm wondering, did you ever confirm the rebate on those shells from Federal still applied this year?

reynolds243

No Kat I totally forgot yesterday but will look when I get to work today.

Tail Feathers

Being new to the 20 myself, congrats.
We finally have some nice weather this week, I hope to shoot mine and have some pattern pics Monday.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

surehuntsalot

welcome to the 20ga Club
you are going to enjoy it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 13, 2014, 08:38:29 PM

ren I would most definitely have sumtoy build me a choke for those shells!!!! he has it figured out :OGturkeyhead:

Gut Pile

about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Crockrj

My brother has the same gun, you'll love it! He has a sumtoy 562 and shoots the Federal HW #7s. He had great results in busting noggins with that setup.

reynolds243

rotalley

I bought the franchi affinity 20 ga. last season and I highly recommend it. Feels great smooth shooter super light a real pleasure to carry.
Ryan