turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spent some cash on a 935

Started by turkey buster, February 13, 2014, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Today I ran into what I think is a steal on a Mossy 935 auto (24in barrel)new in the box ($450) at a pawn shop. It has the factory ulti mag choke and I tested it with an old remington nitro 3.5 #4. It's almost dark so I couldn't play long but I was 30 yards and the first shell out the gun and it was very even. Can't wait to buy it a choke and try some of my "better" turkey loads soon. Any suggestions from y'all?

turkey buster

Gut Pile

I had 935 and cannot believe that I ever sold that gun, those are great guns and congrats on a such a great find !!!!
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

turkey buster

hs strut

my buddy i turkey hunt with has one its a great gun i would say youve got a winner from what ive seen his do
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

SCDieselDawg

I've got a 835 and a 935. Try a Tru Glo SSX. And I've had fairly good luck with most Winchester 3.5" loads with #5 or #6 shot.

turkey buster

I'm thinking of 2 boxes of the 3.5 long beard xr #6 and gathering up some chokes

surehuntsalot

you got a steal
good luck with it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkey buster

Gold Spur

Congrats, nice gun! I never find deals like that.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Rockhound

I have one just like it and purchased an Indian creek 675. I finally shot it today with Winchester supreme #5 at 40 yards and got 147 in a 10" at 40 yards this was at 50° with a nasty barrel.

FloppinTom

Thats a heck of a deal on a camo model. Congrats. :drool:
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

mossy835

I have the 835 and it has been rock solid. I have the Carlson's turkey choke on mine and when I do my job it works just fine. You will come to like your new shotgun. congratulations on a good purchase.

Swampwise

Super sweet deal on a camo model! I have a 935 with the 22" barrel. I run Hevi 13 3.5 #7s through a Sumtoy with wicked results. I also own a TruGLo SSX, but with only a few of the #7s left, I haven't patterned them with the SSX yet. $$$$$ With the wad change in the Hevi 13s this year, I will probably grab some of the Longbeards in #6 and give them a chance. Congrats again on a great find....you're gonna love it!
I have the BFOTP!

jordanz7935

Thats a really good deal. I've had a 935 for about 5 years and i love it.Its a great turkey gun. I have the 24" barrel and have a Indian Creek .675 and a kicks .680. They are the only aftermarket chokes i've tried in my gun and they both throw great patterns. The indian creek puts up higher numbers but very tight pattern . The kicks isn't far behind in numbers and it throws a more even and forgiving hunting pattern. Since i took the red dot off for this season ill be using the kicks. Best of luck this season with your new 935.