OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Took my Mossberg from Wood/Blued to Camo!

Started by klemsontigers7, February 13, 2014, 06:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klemsontigers7

I had an old Mossberg 600AT that I took on my first turkey hunt.  It had the C-Lect choke and I never patterned it before carrying it on my first hunt, so I used my buddy's 870 and killed a jake.

I never thought this gun could be a serious turkey killer because of the choke, but decided to get a barrel for it.  Long story short I happened upon a brand new in package 28" barrel for $80 and couldn't pass it up.  I slapped the cheapest choke in it I could find, and shot a great pattern with Long Beards at 41 yds. 

Though camo doesn't really matter, I decided to dip it.  Before dipping I only did a couple of practice dips so I considered the entire gun my practice gun.  I learned a lot and used a darker color for the base coat than recommended because I like the dark camo.  It turned out great and only has a few problem spots in it.

The .gif image quality is pretty poor, but it still looks okay in the pics.

scdxt

ILIKEHEVI-13

WV Ridge Reaper

Nothing wrong with that.

Be sure to put that butt back on the stock..Had a buddy fix a double barrel 12 gauge of my paps one time..He snuck turkey loads in it and said he shoot it.I said well it don't even have the butt on the stock...It won't hurt he said.

I don't listen to him anymore haha.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

scdxt

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 13, 2014, 07:06:40 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

Be sure to put that butt back on the stock..Had a buddy fix a double barrel 12 gauge of my paps one time..He snuck turkey loads in it and said he shoot it.I said well it don't even have the butt on the stock...It won't hurt he said.

Yeah shoot it like that buddy!!!!! Then let me know how big of a man you are Mr. 3.5" lol

klemsontigers7

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 13, 2014, 07:06:40 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

Already back on there before I read this.  ;D

outdoors

IT IS DARK , BUT LOOKS REALY NICE ..........  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

beagler

Never Misses

turkey buster

That is one fine and one of a kind turkey rig there

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon