turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 turkey tactical recoil

Started by Geauxtigers, February 12, 2014, 06:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geauxtigers

Need some help please. All 835 turkey tactical owners. How is the recoil on this gun. Does the pistol grip help with recoil any.

kylbjack

You'll only notice while patterning your gun. Comparable to a Chuck Norris round house kick, but in the heat of the moment, you wont notice it. Just pick a tree older than ten years and don't miss. Good luck.

Geauxtigers

Haha thank you. I'm really nor worried about the recoil.  I am just wondering if it being lighter with a shorter barrel makes a difference in recoil. Haven't made my mind up on what gun I am hoping to purchase yet for this years turkey season. It's between the turkey tactical and the new 835 with the matthews recoil reduction. Also not sure if the recoil reduction thing even works.

mikejd

probably going to be a teeth rattler either way.

SCDieselDawg

The standard turkey models are bad enough. They like to try to wedge themselves between your cheek bone and sinus cavity.

KYStalker

I love my 835, but when I pattern it I keep a bottle of extra strength Tylenol in my gear bag. :z-dizzy:
If you're not first, your last!!

owlhoot

Will re-arrange your thought processes  :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy:    :help: :help:
:morning: :z-twocents:

Matt81302

It don't matter what you do to, what kind you get. That sucker will rattle your teeth. I put a limb saver on mine, can't tell it made a difference. I did put a Beartooth comb raising kit on mine for more of a cheek bone cushion and it did help save my face the Chuck Norris round house kick, LOL. Like others have said, at the moment of truth its just like any other gun.

knightrider

the tactical does have noticeably less recoil in my opinion and it doesn't have the face smack a normal one does, I guess it really depends on how you are built to which one hurts worse :cross2:

Geauxtigers

Thank you.  That's what I was wondering if the tactical was any less or more due to the design.  Just want to buy the moss 3 1/2 that people seem to think is more enjoyable to shoot.

Jay Longhauser

In my experience the tactical turkey models benefit is that with a red dot you dont have to put your face on the stock, the recoil is all in the shoulder not the face too.

Geauxtigers

Cool thank you. I am definitely planning on using a red dot and don't wont the face kicking. If it helps like you say not having that part of the buttstock then it looks like I will go with the turkey tactical. Like I said I just want the most comfortable to shoot. Why not do a little research before I buy with a lot of people that know way more about the guns that I do. Thanks again.

Geauxtigers

Also in y'all's opinion. What would be the best place to purchase the turkey tactical. And what prices should I be looking for.

mightyjoeyoung

Picked up the thumbhole stock from Mossberg (actually 3 of them), one for my dedicated turkey thumper, one for the old man and one for a friend.  Recoil GOES AWAY with these stocks compared to any other stock I have found other than the Knox recoil system stocks.  The recoil is generated into a much more straight rearward motion with them and the "835 cheek slap" is almost totally negated.  It does add a tiny bit of length when used with a Limbsaver pad but it's more than managable. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Geauxtigers

Joe thank you. Are these pretty easy to get. I like the thumb hole look. Is it a 20 or 24 inch barrel.