turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 24" barrel Long Beard 3.5" #6

Started by Matt81302, February 09, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

I just can't believe the two pellet difference. Must be shot sizes or such. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

That is one awesome pattern there bud so I am re-thinking this opportunity of having the O/U long shot /close shot option with choke/ shell combos also.

I  will also try shooting a 675 with a 3.5-2-#5 and see what happens.

NC Strutter

Hello guys new here on OG wanted to ask if anybody could tell me how the new Colonial Arms 835 chokes stack up to the original Star Dot tube patterns with the Long Beards. Thanks for any help.

Xcal1ber

Quote from: scdxt on February 09, 2014, 03:24:02 PM
I was sitting beside Matt about 30 minutes ago and i still cant believe this. Should have kept my choke Matt haha

Haha it's funny that these Long Beards are shooting so good at 40 yards, that every pattern thread with them someone has to come on and vouch for the person shooting, because nobody really believes them at first.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

scdxt

Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 13, 2014, 08:45:21 PM
Quote from: scdxt on February 09, 2014, 03:24:02 PM
I was sitting beside Matt about 30 minutes ago and i still cant believe this. Should have kept my choke Matt haha

Haha it's funny that these Long Beards are shooting so good at 40 yards, that every pattern thread with them someone has to come on and vouch for the person shooting, because nobody really believes them at first.
LOL crazy ant it?

Matt81302

Not sure that I would have believed it if I hadn't of been the one shooting it. Believe it or not those are some awesome shells.

ILIKEHEVI-13

The TruGlo SSX .670 has been the 2nd best shooting choke next to the Star Dot that I have found.  It's also a superb cold weather choke that will actually out shot the Star Dot in temp in the mid 40's. 

Great patterns you have there. 

Now somebody needs to see what these loads will do in a Star Dot choke in 60 to 70 degree temps.  I'll bet 300 would be obtained. 

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 13, 2014, 10:29:58 PM
The TruGlo SSX .670 has been the 2nd best shooting choke next to the Star Dot that I have found.  It's also a superb cold weather choke that will actually out shot the Star Dot in temp in the mid 40's. 

Great patterns you have there. 

Now somebody needs to see what these loads will do in a Star Dot choke in 60 to 70 degree temps.  I'll bet 300 would be obtained.

All it'll take is you sending a Star Dot to the same address you sent that MadMax to a few months ago! ;D I'll personally make sure they both get a fair comparison!!

R AJ

Quote from: NC Strutter on February 13, 2014, 11:17:51 AM
Hello guys new here on OG wanted to ask if anybody could tell me how the new Colonial Arms 835 chokes stack up to the original Star Dot tube patterns with the Long Beards. Thanks for any help.

I do not know but I did look the lady in the eye the other day and asked if they made the Stardot chokes and she said yes. However they only make the new choke exclusively for the 835 .

memphistiger02

Hey I posted a pattern with some 5 shot, my buddy said he always uses 5 shot with turkey. SHould I try the 6 out?

tomstopper

alclark2

WOW!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
I can't wait to find this in the stores!
I want to try this in my 835 with my SSX and IC chokes!! I stocked up last year on the federal turkey thug ammo that was doing so well but this blows it off the targets!
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

turkey buster

:TrainWreck1:  I got 295 our of my 935 with same barrel and choke