turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos tightwad vs Jellyhead

Started by captpete, February 09, 2014, 12:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

What is the difference between the the tighwad & jellyhead?? I have a jellyhead tube, wondering if I should pick up a tightwad tube? Going to be trying Fedreal HW 7's.

Kevin

Katmandew

About $30 in price.  I got one on my 20 ga for the kids just to see what the tightwad can do.  Gonna pattern magblends and Fed HWT.  The 12 ga Jellyhead is a great choke.  They don't make a mossberg 500 version in the 20, so I'll find out as soon as temp gets into the 50's what the tightwad can do.

cphill

I got the tightwad in my 870 20ga and it patterns the mag blend pretty good but the hevi 13 #6 it likes better never shot the hw#7

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

surehuntsalot

I borrowed a 20ga jellyhead from a co worker,it didn't impressed it at all.
I picked up a Tightwad just for the heck of it,it really loves Magblends.
Going to try some 7-1/2,6,and 5 lead through it just to see what happens.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mossyoakpro

The Tightwad patterns surprisingly well with the HW 7's....I don't remember the numbers but I remember it being a good even pattern.

Good luck!
Phillippians 4:13

Bigstruttin

I shot a model 500 SB last year with a tightwad and federal hwt#7's it usually put up a very even pattern of 110-120 in a 10" at 40 yards.

cphill

I have tightwad in my 870 and hevi # 6 gives me the best pattern but the mag blend is a close second

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

gophert

They were both crap out of my 870 20 ga's, worst patterns of all the chokes I tried.  Now out of the 12 ga, nothing could beat them.  Go figure.