turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Heavyweight 7's with a ported choke?

Started by Xcal1ber, February 05, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

I seen a few pics in the 20 gauge pattern section where they was shooting the Federal Heavyweight 7's through an SSX choke. I thought you couldn't put the flight control wad through a ported choke? The patterns was good but I always heard you couldn't do it. Also what is your favorite choke for the 20 gauge to shoot the Heavyweight 7's with? Or your favorite load/choke combo for a 20 gauge? Thanks in advance!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

FL-Boss

Most say not to shoot with a ported choke.  For a 20ga and HW #7... hard to beat a Sumtoy.

gophert

C.ABNER

Yeah but pattern forums have plenty of guys doing it with great results
I am the tom teaser.

Xcal1ber

Thanks for the info boys. I have a friend that had reconstructive shoulder surgery so a 20 gauge is all he can use for the most part. I'll pass the information along!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

SCDieselDawg

I think the big no-no is using the FCWs in Indian Creek chokes.

WV Ridge Reaper

I spoke to a the owner of a certain choke company today that has been mentioned in the thread already.

He said shoot em..Federal is the company who really don't want it done.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

gophert

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on February 06, 2014, 11:27:54 PM
I think the big no-no is using the FCWs in Indian Creek chokes.

My Indian creek's put up good numbers with the Federals due to the softer 20 ga wad.

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 06, 2014, 11:56:48 PM
I spoke to a the owner of a certain choke company today that has been mentioned in the thread already.

He said shoot em..Federal is the company who really don't want it done.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Awesome!! I've always steered clear of those chokes due to the warning on their website.  Guess its time to expand tue collection a little.

CrustyRusty

I use a hevi choke and a titewad in my bps with the hw and get awesome patterns. Actually it does better than the hevi 7's does with those same chokes.  That little 20 gives up nothing to the 12's for reasonable ranges.

darron

I use a ssx choke with my HW 7's.....I've been putting up 12ga numbers out of a 20ga