OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Honest Opinion's Wanted

Started by WaddleWhacker, February 02, 2014, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddleWhacker

I had gotten over weight with high blood pressure and I got to feeling bad and didn't feel like doing much of anything...I have lost about 50 pounds and got my blood pressure down and I'm feeling good again...its been close to 2 years sense I've made any calls...I've made a few lately and I am wanting the honest opinion from the pro's on here about how my calls sound...I can take it so don't worry about my feelings because I want my calls to sound as good as they should...let me here what you think....Thanks

ky turkey hunter

outdoors

THEY ALL SOUND GOOD ............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

strutnrut

M,Yingling

Congrats on losing the weight ,,, I could stand loss few myself LOL

I like  the sound from calls 2 and 3
calls 1  I like little more of a higher pitched rasp in crystal
and 4 like higher pitched with with little sharper roll over ,,,,,
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

WillowRidgeCalls

It's really hard to give an honnest opinion, because you were playing them inside and softly, so you can't get a good idea of the sounds of them until you have to get on them a little?
They have a good tone, kind of an old school sound to them, where you don't hear a real big roll over in them and the rasp is a softer sounding rasp, that's not a deep chattery sound, but without getting on them it's hard to tell just what sound they really produce?
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

Teebugg

L.F. Cox

Inside outside....the idea that if you get far enough away from a turkey call it will miraculously sound better is utterly ridiculous.

Honestly the calls sound fine to me....I'd prefer a little higher pitch but from what I heard I'm sure that could be easily fixed with a different striker.

I'd be curious as to why you call one glass and one crystal ?